Monday, February 14, 2011
"He gives me a reason to live... him and those stank-ass hos."
I was looking on Am.azon the other day, at books for G I think, b/c my husband was looking as well. Up popped their recommendations and an author's name caught my eye, I stared at it for a bit then realized it was Dooce! http://dooce.com/ I was not aware she had written a book, so I exclaimed to my husband, "I know who that is! I read her blog!"
Cue eye roll here. When it comes to blogs, you either love them or you think they're the biggest waste of time in the universe. Guess which side of the fence he's on. He's not really a place to judge in my opinion as he's never read one, but what am I going to do?
I elaborated, "no you don't understand, she gets PAID to blog, her husband too! It's their JOBS!"
(Before I read Dooce, I didn't realize such a thing existed, it's not my goal, I'm just proud by proxy.) He looked confused, "how the fuck does that happen?!"
*shrug* "Ads on her blog, conventions, speaking engagements, book deals obviously. She has 70 bazillion followers."
We went back to our shopping. Later I was reading blogs and he comes up behind me and sees the picture I have for my profile.
"You need a new picture." he comments.
I glance over and agree, "I was still pregnant with G, it's pretty outdated."
"I think you need to put one up of your vag." he says.
".....Um.....What?"
"If we're going to do this, you need to get some real traffic through here, I think the 'gine shot will do it."
I had to let him down gently, "Babe, while I appreciate the confidence you have in the attractiveness of my vagina, I don't think it will really work, I don't write porn."
"So you just want to keep wasting time on the internet without getting paid?"
"I'm afraid so."
He walks away in disgust. Well, at least he respected blogging for about an hour. It's a start I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OMg I am dying right now! I needed this to start my day! Thank you for being you!
ReplyDeleteNo problem! Although, I can't really take credit, as it's my husband who is so entertaining. :))
ReplyDeleteWell you've got your cleavage on show so that is a start.
ReplyDeleteYou know the search words that bring the most hits on my blog (other than womb for improvement) - "Absolute Fucker" and "Step mother daughter sex". Which is nice.
Very true with that, unfortunatly it's pregnancy cleavage, so that'll bring on a whole new level of traffic if that gets out. Also, stopping breast feeding=no boobs, so any new pictures will not be so interesting in that area.
ReplyDeleteI think people finding your blog through "Step mother daughter sex" is the best shit ever. Maybe I should figure out how to do that myself so I can see what people search out for me.
LMAO I am behind on blog reading cause I really have no excuse. I just am. This is HILARIOUS! And is so something my husband would say.
ReplyDeletethe more sex talk you have on here, the more weirdos will find your blog...hehehe.. like me, you said? No, not ME!
ReplyDeleteWell, I just tweeted your blog site so maybe you will get more readers.
ReplyDeleteWhy thank you! I'm still not posting a pic of my vag, AND I took down the gratuitous pregnant boob picture. Bummer for them.
ReplyDelete