Friday, October 11, 2013

"Eat one of your Luna bars. Very often when women think they're angry, they're really just hungry."


A blogger I very much enjoy reading was nominated for a Sunshine award and had to answer questions.  She in turn did not nominate anyone else, but posed questions for those that wanted to answer them.  I like her questions, and those that she answered and I could use a lighthearted post.  So I'm answering them all.  You can find her HERE .  


Happy Friday Fluff Folks.

1. Where did you come up with the name of your blog (this intrigues me)?

I was watching The Simpsons once, and Lisa had a spelling bee word ameliorate.  I watch tv on closed caption at all times so I was like; snap, that is almost my name! and I looked it up.  It promptly became one of my favorite words ever.  When I moved my blog from MySpazz I wanted the name to reflect my perpetual quest to become the person I want to be and also tied into my real lifeness seeing as while I am somewhat anonymous I'm still pretty forthcoming about my life.  I wanted it to be real.  After all these years I don't think I could come up with a better name for it if I tried.   

2. You have the chance to be told 5 significant events that will occur in your lifetime (what will happen and when).  Do you want to know and why?

No.  I'm required to go on this journey for some reason.  I'll figure it out eventually. 

3. If you could do any job, regardless of money or talent, what would it be?

I'd really like to be a book editor, but like for punctuation and stuff.  Mostly I just want to get paid to read books all day, I don't feel like I have the right to change other people's words.  Or maybe personal trainer.  Oh em gee, to get paid to work out?  Awesome.  

4. What was your favorite Halloween costume when you were young?

My grandma made me a gorgeous witch costume I loved and wore for a few years at least.  She made my sister a pumpkin costume that was adorable. 

5. Has infertility changed you?

I don't know if I'm claiming infertility, I guess I could.  Either way, the losses have changed me more than any other part of my life I think, with the exception of giving birth to G.  

6. What is your favorite thing about yourself?

Physically, my shoulders are pretty bomb.  I've been working on them.  Umm, personality, shitballs....I have a kick ass sense of humor.   

7. You can eat one thing every day for the next month.  What is it? 

Kind of I do that already.  I'm pretty food obsessive so...yeah.  Right now I'm eating chicken salad with tomato, avocado, spinach and swiss cheese with a whole wheat wrap that is doing me decent at lunch time. 

8. If you had a superpower, what would it be?

Probably something lame like super human strength, which I could psychoanalyze till the cows come home.  

9. Would you rather live one 1000 year life or ten 100 year lives?

Wow.  I'm going to have to steal Battlefish's answer and go with 10 100 year lives in the hopes I learn a bunch of shit each time.  Except that's not how she worded it.
 
Her questions:  

1. If you had no restrictions, where would you travel to?

I would follow the summer.  It would be glorious.  I'd have sunshine and heat year round and live in cut offs and flip flops.

2. If you could be any animal, what would you be?

House cat.  Those bitches get everything with little expected in return.

3. What is the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?

I'm currently reading (I KNOW RIGHT?  As a reward for finishing a couple projects I get to read a book I've had since April before I start on G's little friend's ear flap hats we're giving them for christmas, which will be completely adorbs.) High On Arrival by Mackenzie Phillips.  It honestly makes me feel like eating carrot sticks and drinking gallons of water.  So much excess in all things, all I can think about is hangovers and greasy breakfasts.  I want to purify myself while reading it.  I can't believe she survived.

4. Who is your all time favorite author?

Madeline L'Engle which is completely out of character for me as she often writes science filled christian books.  Or christian filled science books.  Neither of which is usually what I go for, but with her, it works.

5. What’s your favorite candy?

Miniature peanut butter cups.  Bomb.

6. Do you have any tattoos or piercings?

I do, I have about 10 tattoos, depending on how you count them, and my ears have 2 holes each and I used to have my belly button pierced but I 'let that close up' which turns out doesn't actually happen, the hole just gets too small for the jewelry, but still remains.  Oh well. 

7. Do you collect anything?

Hat pins.  Books.  Grudges. 

8. Short hair, long hair or somewhere in between?

On dudes in general, I get really bitter when their hair is all long and flowing and prettier than mine.  I doubt I would ever date a guy with long hair. 
On girls I'm indifferent.  I'm always jealous of girls who can pull off a pixie cut as my attempt at that had me in tears for 3 months, and I would REALLY like if I could have long healthy thick hair.  I'm attempting that currently.  I've never had a style, I've always been in the middle of something.  Growing it out, chopping it off.  Never just the same look for a period of time. 

9. What TV show(s) do you watch?

I really love Candace Tells all, and Househunters Renovations.  Big Bang Theory, That's it really.  I'm not much of a tv fan.

10. What is your best piece of advice?

Oh, that's tough.  Love, Laugh, Dance I guess.  I try not to give advice.  You can have my shoulder if you'd like though.  

*My quote; from Big Bang Theory, Sheldon of course.  It's offensive on so many levels it makes it funny.  

10 comments:

  1. LOL! Love your answers. Especially the house cat and PB cups!
    A month ago I chopped my hair again into a pixie cut. I'm kind of wanting to get it trimmed and kept short, but kind of wanting to grow it again. I too never keep with one style for long...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your pixie cut!! Turns out when your hair is BIG cutting it short does not tame it, it just lets it get to it's FULL HEIGHT. And then you cry.

      Delete
  2. This was fun to read. I never thought about it, but cats do get by with doing not much. Dogs need to fetch,sit, shake paws. Seems the cat has the upper hand. Getting paid to work out.......... hmmm........ now a light bulb is going off in my head signalling me to take Physical Education at our local college. My hair is never quite the same style, or color. The one constant though, it's always naturally frizzy, ahem, curly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, my hair is Jersey circa 1985, I feel ya.
      I wish we had a local college. I should probably consider going to a non local one at some point though.

      Delete
  3. It's my husband who gets totally Hangry when he hasn't eaten in a timely manner!

    Your lunch sounds delicious! Though I'd probably say pizza or ice cream or something equally healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love lunch, it's my favorite. I will 100% claim to be the hangry one. This also happens when I'm sober though so....

      Delete
  4. I do that food thing on your #7, too. I eat one thing until I get tired of it, then move on to another food obsession.

    My dad says there's no way a person can get proper nutrition doing that, but the last I heard, he has not obtained Registered Dietitian status.

    I think there's something to your quote. Many times I have warded off a major ugly mood with a little candy. I used to believe a body could sustain itself on candy alone and be perfectly fine. I know now that such is not the case, but a little candy every now and then can work miracles the likes of which Benny Hinn has never seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like if there's enough ingredients in the food I eat daily I should be good. Like my smoothie has strawberries, blueberries, banana, spinach, oj and at lunch I eat chicken, tomatoes, avocado, spinach again, and a whole wheat wrap. Yes I'm eating the same thing every day, but it covers a lot of ground.

      Or I could just be lame sauce and making shit up as I go along. ;)

      Delete
  5. Definitely the hangry one myself.

    I laughed when I saw the title quote because my husband totally thinks he'll grow boobs if he eats a Luna bar. Haha. I think the majority are gross-- though maybe it's because I'm expecting them to taste like Snickers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!!
      Ummm, plus they are way expensive. I've been eating some chocolate strawberry zone perfect protein bars and they are BOMB.

      Delete