I'm not much of a candle person. You know those warnings about not leaving them unattended? They aren't joking which my old tv can attest to with the circular imprint melted into it when the candle EXPLODED scaring the ever living shit out of me.
I own one candle, that was randomly given to me and the last time it was lit was last October.
We got home from kickboxing, I lit the candle and sat down to eat dinner at the computer. G had eaten earlier, so she was playing. Because I'm terribly observant and alert I did not notice when she went to her room, then came out and turned off all the lights.
Then she comes up to me and says "Look mom! I put mine next to yours!"
Sure enough I look up to see she had taken her votive 'candle' that you click on and flickers that her granny had given her to keep in her room and put it next to mine.
I've been anxious all day, even before I remembered what October 15th is. I have no explanation for it, it's just part of life now I guess.
But thank goodness for this little girl helping me remember her brothers, even if she doesn't realize it.
Sending light and love into the world, to all that need it. From G and I.
I own one candle, that was randomly given to me and the last time it was lit was last October.
We got home from kickboxing, I lit the candle and sat down to eat dinner at the computer. G had eaten earlier, so she was playing. Because I'm terribly observant and alert I did not notice when she went to her room, then came out and turned off all the lights.
Then she comes up to me and says "Look mom! I put mine next to yours!"
Sure enough I look up to see she had taken her votive 'candle' that you click on and flickers that her granny had given her to keep in her room and put it next to mine.
I've been anxious all day, even before I remembered what October 15th is. I have no explanation for it, it's just part of life now I guess.
But thank goodness for this little girl helping me remember her brothers, even if she doesn't realize it.
Sending light and love into the world, to all that need it. From G and I.


Love to you as well. I was so busy yesterday that I had no real time to acknowledge what the day meant. I feel a bit guilty about that.
ReplyDeleteKids are so amazing. Even, especially, when they don't even realize it
ReplyDeleteG is such a love. I'm seriously so happy she's yours. I know you wish for a few more in tow, but gawd... aren't the single ones we've got now just kick-ass?
ReplyDeleteIf you're only going to have one child, it's lucky you got such a good one.
ReplyDeleteYour G is a sweetie
ReplyDeleteThanks for the love and light. I sent it right back to you.
Thanks for the light that you both sent out. We wil send out light in remembrance of our no-longer-with-us boys from February 17th to 19th.
ReplyDelete