Driving home from the city we discuss our favorite parts and why it'd be nice to live there, then we come to this.
Him: None of it matters though, we could never afford to live there, the cost of living is way too high.
Me: No way, the cost of housing is higher then where we are now but the cost of living would be extremely lower and would probably offset the bottom line enough it'd be at least equal. And besides it's not that much higher, we don't need to live in the ritzy part.
Him: How the hell do you figure that? And I'm not living in the ghetto.
Me: The ghetto wasn't so bad there, it's like pretend ghetto, I didn't mind it, everyone minded their own business that's for sure. And hello? Gas for one. I walked to work, I walked to the grocery store, in a pinch get a bike or use public transportation, so you can cut out a shitload of car maintanance as well. A shitty paying job is alot less shitty when you don't spend 2 hours pay to get there. That alone might do it, we have to drive to get our mail. And then there's the damn shopping monopoly up here.
Him: What the hell is that?
Me: There's only one store so we're stuck with whatever they want to charge because we can't go elsewhere. In the city you can comparison shop and get the best deals because they have to compete with the store that sells the same exact shit 1 block over. And then there's the cost of Walmart.
Him: Walmart costs the same everywhere, it's like a nationally regulated pricing system or something.
Me: No fucking way, we just went to 2 different Targets within 10 miles of each other and not one thing cost the same, they just charge whatever they want.
Him: That's Target, Walmart is not cheaper in the city.
Me: No, my point was that Walmart devours pieces of my soul every time I go in there and soon there will be nothing left and I'll wear long johns as pants and be appreciative of their adult book selection and then I will die sucking myself through a black hole of non existence.
Him: You are so fuckng weird.
Me: I never shopped at stupid Walmart when I lived in the city. It's the devil, you'll see.
Him: You just want In N Out every day.
Me: Maybe.
No we're not thinking of moving to the city. It's just nice to daydream every once in awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

The world behaves like Walmart sometimes. Life narrowing to one tiny repetitive Honey Boo Boo/Miley Cyrus loop. At times I kinda wish my imagination would fall short of the reality. ~Mary
ReplyDeleteThe world does seem to be outdoing itself as of late.
Delete