It's time for the next installment of The 2 Songs That... Contain your joy long enough to finish the blog please. :))
Today's songs are The 2 Songs That I totally love on the radio but was bitterly disappointed when I saw the video. Which doesn't really entice you guys to watch the videos I'm posting, but play them with your eyes closed or something. I don't know. Dang.
The first one is completely my own fault, I absolutely admit this. But the MUSIC! Ugh. I've always loved Moves Like Jagger. I picture ballroom dancing. Some sort of mix of tango and foxtrot maybe. Lots of fast feet and ass shaking. Tiny outfit and spins galore. Come hither looks. So I go find the video thinking Adam and Christina probably have awesome chemistry, maybe they're dancing! Yay! But no. It's a video full of people dancing behind a mic stand like....Mick Jagger. Duh. I was not impressed. He's not known for his skills in the dance community I think. So I was completely off base. You should at least listen though, it's an awesome song.
The second I think I'm a bit more justified with my high expectations, that were not even a little bit met. I'd like to precede this with the fact that I love will.i.am. Ah-dore him. When he sang Big and Chunky On Mad.agascar 2 I was shaking my giant post pregnancy ass in time to the music. I dig it. The new song with Beibs that I thought was just some random girl? Love it. I make G sing "I got the POWER". Don't even care. When I heard Scream and Shout I was car dancing immediately. Brit doesn't even really sound like herself which can be a pro or con depending on your opinion of her voice. Because let's be honest, she may be a famous singer, but everyone knows her real talent lies in dancing. Girl can BRING it. So when I go to find an awesome dance song featuring a kick ass dancer? I expect good things. What I got was Britney posing in ridiculously high heels, sitting down, and trying, almost unsuccessfully to....walk?...prance? across the stage. Not cool guys. There was some other somewhat cool dancing, but not nearly enough. Step up your game bitches. But it's still a kick ass song.
What about you guys? Did you ever hear a song so awesome you went to look for it only to be bitterly disappointed?
*My quote: I have got to start marking down the ones I've used already. Hopefully it hasn't been this one yet. I got this from Alvin and the Chipmunks Chipwrecked. It's funny, has good music, G loves it. I recommend it.

I can sometimes listen to Britney. I cannot look at Britney. Ever. Just doesn't work for me. When I think of anything having to do with Jagger, I think of a shrunken crab apple, but I do like that song.
ReplyDeleteI listen to music & it brings about certain memories for me. I don't want to watch someone else's interp, since it usu has nothing to do with my associations. I prefer what I "see" in the music.
I agree, what was in my brain was way better than this. :)
DeleteI don't even remember the song, but I checked out the Beyonce video that was supposedly so awesome that Kanye West thought he needed to highjack the microphone from Taylor Swift during her [nonexistent] award acceptance speech to expound the virtues of Beyonce's video, no disrespect to Taylor Swift intended.(Right. People always kidnap the microphone during others' aceptance speeches to say whay the therson's work did not merit the award. Of course no disrespect was intended.) I saw the video and though it was quite blah. I'm not a fan of either Taylor Swift, Beyonce, or Kanye West, and in fairness to Beyonce, Kanye West's display was not her fault, but the video extolled by kanye West looked to me like something a talented kindergartner could produce. He or she couldn't have reproduced Beyonce's sound, but the visuals were banal.
ReplyDeleteMy dad said both videos sucked to the extent that Youtube should've banned them.
HAHAHAHAHA!! I'm sure he probably didn't like the songs themselves either though.
DeleteI'm not sure of his opinion regarding the songs, but I suspect you're right. The music performed by neither artist 9I'm using the term loosely) is exactly his preferred genre. Though I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, that was probably my favorite song she's recorded, which isn't saying much. she shuld've quit after that one. i wuld have paid the price of three of her albums just not to hear her on the airwaves anymire. I'm tired of hearing all abut everything that's wrong with her exes. My ex-boyfirend really does have issues, and yu don't hear songs I've written about him and his issues. (The fact that i don't write songs may have something to do with that, but still . . .) I'm curious as to whether or not she'll take on in song form the Kennedy with whom she just broke up. Such would be a most bold and probably very foolish move on her part, but it probably wouldn't be the first stupid thing she's done. Would the Kennedys take the high road, or would we see litigation if she does so at this point? Only God knows, and I'm not even sure He/She knows at this point.
ReplyDeleteHospital food sucks worse than an Orick. I tried ordering a pizza today, but I couldn't find a single pizza joint that would deliver to a patient in the local hospital. I thought our nation was supposed to be in some sort of recession and that the economy was in need of stimulation. Not that much, apparently.
How are you? I hope eerything is oK.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDelete真愛旅舍官網
真愛旅舍手機app
真愛旅舍黃播聊天室
真愛旅舍午夜聊天室
真愛旅舍直播聊天室
真愛旅舍裸聊聊天室
真愛旅舍裸播聊天室
真愛旅舍大秀直播聊天室
真愛旅舍福利聊天室
真愛旅舍聊天室你懂的