Sunday, October 21, 2012

Monday Mischief

You guys, you know I had to do this, I'm all about bandwagons. Especially after Lisa and Lucid Lotus did it. If those links work you should go read their answers too.


Aside from Driver’s Ed, who really taught you how to drive?

My ex. As you can imagine he wasn't exactly a calm and knowledgeable teacher so I ended up paying for driver's ed at 18 so I could get a handle on it. There was some conflict between my mom's ex and I so I was never taught at home.

What’s the one thing you love/miss about your Grandma’s cooking?

Eh. I don't remember anything in particular. I think we made breads once, and that was fun but, I don't know, nothing comes to mind.

If you had money to burn, what 3 charities would you donate to?

March of Dimes, Band Back Together, and my best good friend who needs some fucking help.

What “Late Night Radio” song would you request to your man/woman?

My best friend says that my husband's love of AC/DC is what qualifies him as being a redneck. I disagree. I think it's the fact that most times he says "warsh". Don't worry he is teased mercilessly. I'd request Thunderstruck.



What was the last high school/college project you did?

I forced my friends to help me complete english packets just so I could walk with my class. I had some weird self sabatoge things going on and I just couldn't save myself right then. Luckily I made it. Woohoo.

As a kid, who was the first -famous death- you remember hearing about?

I think I'm going to have to say Brandon Lee or Kurt Cobain. I didn't hear about Brandon until later, when I was obsessed with The Crow and the fact he was dead, and had died while filming that movie just blew my mind. For Kurt Cobain, I went camping with my best friend's family, and we snuck away to smoke a cigarette and talked about it forever. It was so weird.

What kind of music did your parent’s listen to while u were growing up?

I don't know what my dad listened to. My mom listened to Richard Marx. And Tears for Fears. Odd thing that happened; I used to listen to her records obsessively as a kid, big old ear phones and a turn table. The Mamas and the Papas, Queen, Creedence. So yesterday we're in the car, and I put on Queen, and she says what band is this? Maybe they weren't her records?

Name 2 historic events that have happened in your lifetime:

I'm going to have to steal the answers from those that did this before me; the internet, and 9-11.

Who taught you to tie your shoes?

I remember practicing at preschool.

Where did you go on your first official date?

I think maybe my first official date was a punk show on Halloween. But it was me, my eventual boyfriend and like 10 other people stuffed into his dodge. So, I don't know if that counts. Like a movie and dinner and just the 2 of us? No clue.

When you cruised the strip… who were you usually with?

I lived in Bum Fuck Egypt for reals yo. There's no strip here.

Who was like your second Mom or second Dad?

Mmmm. While I always went to other people's house as the minute they stepped in my the cloud of anger and resentment that resided there shoved them back out the door, I didn't really get super close with other people's parents. They were all fucked up too you know? We all had our own shit we were going through.

Who is your Strangest Relative and why?

I don't even know where to go with this. My mom's side does Strange like it's their Job, I don't know any of my dad's, and for immediate I might have to take that title? I don't know.

What’s your typical ice cream order at Dairy Queen?

All non nutritional calories are in the form of vodka, peanut butter cups or baked cheddar and sour cream chips. Ice cream hurts my teeth.

This or That:

Animal House or Caddyshack?

My husband extensively quotes from both.

Dorito’s or Frito Lays?

See ice cream answer.

Straight-Man or Comic Relief?

I think I try to be comic relief, but it's only because my husband is actually the comic relief and he's cool with me talking shit.

Survivor Man or Man vs. Wild?

I don't have tv.

Casablanca or An Affair To Remember?

I've never seen either.

Princess Grace or Princess Diana?

I can't even top Lisa's so why bother. I don't really care.

Books, Movies or TV?

Currently is goes blogs, facebook, movies, tv on dvd. With Cracked, Buzzfeed and Reddit thrown in there for good measure.

Marilyn Monroe or Anna Nicole Smith?

I'm not real big on either.

Playboy or Hustler?

Hustler shows more. Like there's junk entering junk. The only problem with that is that junk isn't all that pretty. I'll go with Playboy.

Disneyland, Disneyworld, or Universal Studios?

I've only ever been to Disneyland and Universal Studios. I want an apartment on Main St at Disneyland. I cry when I go there. I think maybe for the childhood it represents that I never had. But also because it's all so fucking clean and smiley.

Halloween or Christmas?

Please let me survive both.

Leading or Following?

I am not a good leader. However I don't follow very well either. Perhaps I could just wander aimlessly on my own?

Planes or Trains?

As long as I'm not driving I'm all for it.

Yesterday or Tomorrow?

It's supposed to rain tomorrow. Fuck.

(This is a truncated version of this: http://www.myspacebulletins.com/takesurvey.php?id=114)


4 comments:

  1. My parents traded off teaching me to drive, and they both insist it was as close to a near-death experience as either of them has ever had. My dad said he literally saw the white light and the tunnel and someone standing there with a laser saying, "Go TOWARD the light."

    I have so many bizarre relatives that I would not know where to start, but I had a cousin who told me that douching with coke would keep a girl from getting pregnant. Her father is a kleptomaniac or a common thief(I don't know which) who steals our toothpaste and toilet paper and was arrested for stealing a crate or disposable douches from the loading zone of a big box store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have absolutely won the weird relative lotto.
      Please don't do that coke thing.

      Delete
  2. You are the new lord and master of linking. You have made that shit your bitch and loved it.
    Also, that bit about wandering aimlessly on my own is so why I love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not doing anything different so it must have been the shit computer/Internet explorer I was using.
      Thanks. I'm really good at middle management. I can tell people what to do but when the super bad shit goes down I can be all; ooohhh, bummer, I gotta go.

      Delete