Friday, October 5, 2012

"Sisters, All Hallow's Eve has become a night of frolic, where children wear costumes and run amok!"

It's been a weird fucking week. I've put on make up and for public clothes every single day! It hasn't been like frantic worrisome busy, just a nonstop flow of we're doing this and moving directly on to do this now. I haven't had a spare moment during the day, and I try not to blog once the vodka has been poured. I remember drunken myspace days and how much I should avoid that. So this is my apology for abandoning you and to let you know I'm as good as I can be in jeans and a sweatshirt. Fall has descended. At least I was able to get back on the treadmill. Jillian has done me well it turns out, not even sore today. Hopefully I get another crack at that tonight, add on another mile to be sure I groan with every movement tomorrow. Did I mention I'm cold? Fucking non summer seasons.



How old do you think is too old to dress up for Halloween?
Never. You are never too old to dress up. I think that maybe middle school you should move on from getting candy to taking littler kids though.

How old are you?
33.

Are you into scary or sexy costumes?
I'm lazy and cheap soooo, yeah.

Will you/ Did you dress up this Halloween?
G will be minnie mouse, so I might wear the Mickey ears I got for J last time I went to Disneyland, or if I can find something cheap and similarly themed I will get that.

How many times do you plan to wear your costume this year?
Probably just once.

What is your costume name?
"You's a lazy bitch."

Describe your costume?
See a couple questions up.

Where will you be celebrating Halloween?
In a town over with G's best friend. Also, the Saturday before at the bar in town.

When was the last time you went trick-or-treating?
Last year.

Have you ever entered a costume contest?
No.

How soon did you know what you wanted to dress up as this year?
I guess as soon as J bought the costume for G.

When did you get your costume?
I haven't yet.

Do you deck out with lots of accessories- or just what it came with?
Depends.

How much did you spend total on your costume this year?
We'll go with last year, and I spent maybe $5 on an elephant hat and tail. G had the full on costume though.

Have you ever made a home-made costume?
Sure, I was a gypsy and Cindy Lauper/Madonna that were pretty homemade.

If so, what was it?
Shit, jumped the gun.

What is your favorite couples costume idea?
I REALLY want to be Mary Poppins and Burt.

What is your favorite group costume idea?
Can't think of one.

Name one of your childhood costumes?
Witch. My grandma sewed it for me, it was awesome.

Do your parents still dress up for Halloween?
No.

Do you already know what you want to dress up as next year?
No.



Hmmmm. That was lamer than expected. Sorry. Hopefully I'll have time to write on Sunday. Go here to make up for it, I've been waiting all year to read this again. It never fails to make me laugh.

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/its-decorative-gourd-season-motherfuckers




9 comments:

  1. Yay for leaving the house every day!! Boo for sweatshirts. I hate fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me fucking too, my knee already hurts and it's only been in the 70s for 2 days. Hmm. Doubtful my knee will last another 40 years. May want to look into getting a new one.
      And what's super awesome is we have like 3 weeks of fall and move right into winter. My biggest enemy. *sending seasonal death threats *

      Delete
    2. I refuse to wear sweatshirts until the 50s. They won't do a replacement until you're older (I know you're kidding, but the replacements only last 10-20 years so they really try to avoid giving them to anyone under 60 or so. My grandmother had both of hers done at once, and they're probably running out of time. When I get the big muscles strong and ignore the stupid little ones, I have a lot of problems, maybe small muscles exercises will help you too?)

      Delete
    3. I wear sweatshirts at 72, I don't like being cold.
      I am trying to strengthen the quad muscles and shit but I've damaged the knee so much I don't know it will help. It pops crackles clicks and hurts without me even putting weight on it now. Bummer.

      Delete
  2. Love fall, hate being wet and cold, and we're going for a super hero theme this year. And I mean EVERYONE. All my friends' kids are just as obsessed as mine, so we're looking at a group with Wolverine, Wonder Woman, Spider Girl, Thor, Catwoman, and Iron Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all about super heros! Still impatiently waiting for my mutant powers to make themselves known.

      Delete
  3. My parent went to a Halloween party many years ago when I was quite young. They're not into dressing up but it was required to dress as a famous or historic couple. my dad went to the store and bough a chorizo or polish sausage or something like that. Whatever it was, it was about two feet long, doubled, and enclosed in plastic. They kept it in its wrapper so they wouldn't smell it. My mom wore it around her neck. My dad stuck two extra-large band-aids in an X pattern on his crotch. They were supposed to be a couple named John and Lorena Bobbitt. Their effort was truly lame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad's band-aids were on the outside of his pants, by the way. I don't wish to paint a false impression. He's lame but not necessarily a sexual deviant, or at least not as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahahaha!!! I think that's damn funny costumes!

    ReplyDelete