G is in love with Katy Perry, and to be honest, in the sea of pop stars she could have done much worse. So in support of this I bought her the Katy Perry movie which has extensive footage of her concerts, that G danced happily to. But it also does include day to day details of that year of her life, which G really couldn't give less of a shit about; "Where's Elmo?" (Katy sings a song with Elmo on youtube, it's one of her favorites.) So she wanders off and I'm for some reason still watching it. One part her sister comes out and gives passes to the 'best' dressed (aka weirdest looking motherfuckers) in the audience so they can come up onstage at a key moment and dance with Katy. Because I was the little girl inexplicably wearing petticoats to elementary school, (I'm 33, they were not in style right then.) I get being the strangest person around and of course I'm crying my eyes out as the teenagers scream and then yell; "I have to go pee!" Damn Katy Perry. She sucked me in. I totally put it on when G wasn't even around. Don't tell anyone ok?
We had our pumpkin picking potluck, it was wonderful, children and their families all on the compound, G was beside herself with happiness at all the people to play with. I was of course heavy in my heart with missing my Littles, I'm guessing that longing is here to stay. I tried to acknowledge it without letting the sadness overwhelm my joy of being surrounded by those that love us, but I could tell Sunday I was still affected by it. Then came today. Baby Loss Remembrance Day and also the day I actually started. I cried a bunch. While making the bed, and cleaning the bathrooms, switching the laundry, just like the old days. I did manage to keep my shit together while vacuuming, so that was an improvement. 10 months since we lost Little M. 22 months since we lost Little T. It's hard still. I generally exercise at 7pm, so I lit a candle as some are doing and kind of sweated out my heartbreak while sending love into the universe. I'm feeling a bit more at peace now.
This is actually my 200th post. I wish I had something super awesomely written, buuuut that probably isn't going to happen unless I start doing guest posts. This blog is a pretty accurate depiction of me. Drinking, swearing, english language butchering, loving, caring, oh so lucky, except when I'm not, Me. I started blogging for myspace in 2005. I actually moved most of those posts over here when I started this blog. I'm proud of them, of who I was and who I've become. I do realize 200 posts in 7 years isn't really that much, about 28 a year apparently. But that doesn't matter, it's 200 posts that could have been never written. Epiphanies not had, comfort not given and received, friendships not forged. I don't want to be big. (I don't think I'd handle mean people very well.) I don't want to write professionally, dear god that would be awful. I am content with what I have and what I'm doing. I would be happy to improve my abilities, but it's not something I worry about.
I was trying to think of my favorite post from the past, one that you guys probably haven't read, and I immediately thought of this one. I hope you'll go read it. Please excuse the lack of paragraphs. Spoiler: The boyfriend didn't come back until after my performance, and the day before I went to my sister's. (Who it turns out lives in a DRY COUNTY which was AWFUL.) I broke up with him for good 2 days after I got back from Texas. Best. Decision. Ever.
Here's where I try to link:
Ladies and Gentlemen
And here's where I copy and paste because we all know that shit is going to fail:
http://searchingforamelioration.blogspot.com/2010/01/ladies-and-gentlemen.html
Thank you guys for being here for me, for encouraging and loving me, I am so so grateful.

Oh A. My heart breaks for you and the longing you have to feel. My heart breaks for your Littles and the fact that they are not with you now. I am so, so sorry.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm also so proud, that you keep getting up every day and doing what you need to do, for yourself, for your daughter, for your husband and for your family. And I'm impressed with what you do here. It's wondering and. I know I am honored to read your words.
In honor of your 200th I was wondering if you'd answer a fan question. I love the quotes you use for post titles. Can you tell us more about how you came up with that idea, how you find the title quotes and how you determine what to use for a particular post? I absolutely love that aspect of your blog and have always wanted to learn more about it.
Happy 200th post. Thinking of you and your lost little ones today and every day.
Thank you so much!
DeleteI'd LOVE to expand on my titles, I think I'll write a post about it! Thank you for asking!
*sigh* One of these days when you want to punch J, the feeling will last for 40 weeks. :)). Wait, does that make sense? I've got period brain too and always screw shit up then.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to go ahead and give you a hormone pass for Katy Perry too.
Crying through housework is perfectly understandable. Give yourself some credit for getting up and doing it in the first place.
My space stuff is still over there. I think. I'm not sure I really care to save and/or move it. The best part of that place was screwing around in the comments and so many people deleted their profiles and the comments went with them. I wish they hadn't. I'd love to have the stuff from Patrick that disappeared.
I am a cranky pregnant lady. I can't imagine that'd get any better next time.
DeleteOooooh, I didn't even think to blame my period for Katy! Good call.
You are right, I miss it so much, I read the posts here that were over there and I remember the comments, who said what. I never confirmed my account was deleted, I wonder if it's still there.
200th, huh?
ReplyDeleteIt can be awesome without yelling AWESOME. You don't give in(ever) to stultifying respectability on this blog, & sometimes I can read an undercurrent of guilt & pleasure. I like that. You wade into the murky water, GF. Your moments of memory read REAL. Your love is right here, your pain is right here, by turns serious, difficult, thoughtful & comic.
That is awesome. ~Mary
Thank. You. I am so happy you exist.
DeleteHoly shitballs, you linked! Were you in Denton? Because that shithole is dry. I never even heard of such a thing. I am pretty sure it's unconstitutional.
ReplyDeleteI did?!! It WORKS?!! Fuck man. I guess 200 is lucky for me!
DeleteI was in Venus, and the next county over only sold fucking beer and wine coolers. Do you know how hard it is to get drunk on wine coolers?! IMPOSSIBLE. I tried.
So glad you are still here.
ReplyDeleteI, too, am curious about your posts and quotes.
ReplyDeleteWhat about your performance itself? Was it as bad as you had imagined? If so, was there someone behind whom you could hide? *
I know about dry counties even though I'm not that much of a boozer [yet). Anytime we're traveling and end up in one of those places for the night, my dad goes through a bizarre fourteen-hour version of a twelve-step program right before our eyes, during which he considers driving two hours to the next county for a beer run, tells us all he can get by without booze anytime he so desires (he just doesn't happen to so desire right now), bargains with God, then ultimately drinks the cough syrup he packed in case I were to develop one of my cement-jack-hammering coughs. (God, how I LOVE run-on sentences!)
I know all about the PMS-y stuff as well even though I haven't yet had the pleasure myself. (Breast-budding occurred just over fourteen months ago, which means I'm on target for menarche somewhere around March of 2013, when I'll be 18 and three months, which is absurd.)
Anyway, my mother gets so PMS-y that she cries over stuff like that Godawful "Christmas Shoes" song, and not just because of its sheer hideousness.
Your link worked perfectly well, by the way.
*Awkward wording, I know; I'm still stuck in the "avoiding ending sentences with prepositions" rut to some degree even though the tradition originated rather arbitrarily on the whims of the somewhat extraneous poet John Dryden. Since no one gives a fuck who John Dryden was anymore, why do they care about his ridiculous restrictions? I'll outgrow the whole thing soon, anyway.]
Let's see, the performances were very stressful, and when I think back the words "Thank god I stopped performing." is the first things that come to mind. But I don't remember a specific incident that caused me to die of humiliation, so I must have done all right.
DeleteI'm with your dad right up until the I can get by without booze part. I potentially could I suppose live without it, but I really see no reason why I should. If I go visit my sister again I will be bringing vodka with me.
My emotions since my losses are much more magnified than before. The highs and the lows. I've always been hugely emotionally and physically affected by birth control, but when I wasn't on extra hormones I didn't really notice PMS or any other mood differences through out my cycle. Yet another thing to get used to I guess.
As for starting your period later in life, maybe menopause will follow suit so you'll get to have mother nature's little gift just as long as the rest of us. :)
Congratulations on your 200th post!
ReplyDeleteI totally get even more annoyed when I realise I'm annoyed because of my period - Ho boy. I am not to be messed with :)
Oof. Baby Loss Remembrance Day: I was thinking of you and your babies and crying like a damn water feature all over my pillow.
ReplyDeleteOnce I figure out the PMS part I feel like a bad feminist and am thus even more pissy.
I'm looking forward to your post on your blog titles! They crack me up.