Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"I thought we could get together for a drink or a cat scan or something."


I recently discovered, that if the wind is blowing just so, and the planets are perfectly aligned, my wifi on my phone is just strong enough for me to play Pandora through out my house.  (Although this has not been the case for the last week, where I've had zero internet and am over my data plan, hence my extreme lack of posting.)  Amazing things have occurred.  We have this travel battery operated iDevice speaker thing that I hook my phone to and move with us from room to room.   There is booty shaking happening on levels never before reached.  In the shower even!  What a way to start my day!  There is also the added bonus of the fact that my phone is busy, and over there, on the table, not over here, where I’m trying to convince G that in order to play chutes and ladders in a manner that we can concisely say; “The game has been won by___” she must first stop sending her little blond character down the pink slide whenever it’s her turn.  Normally I’d be I don’t know, facebooking, or buzzfeeding or redditing or some other nonsense.  But I’m not.  I’m watching my kid grow new paths in her brain as she learns to fucking count and stuff.  It’s a good thing. 

Usually when we’re in the car I let her pick what songs we listen to.  I of course have executive veto power as it’s my finger pushing the button, but I like to discover her preferences, and listen to her earnest voice sing at the top of her lungs behind me.  The other day I was switching stations and I passed this one song without even asking if she wanted it and she stopped me; “Mama, I want that one.”  This was remarkable for a few reasons; it wasn’t Ka.ty P.erry, it wasn’t anyone who sounded like K.aty Pe.rry, it wasn’t even a chick.  These are her usual requirements for songs she likes.  (Except for Justi.n Bie.ber, but she thinks he's a girl no matter how much I argue with her.)  We listened to the song, agreed it was a very good choice, and excellent for car dancing.  When we got home I posted a non video version on facebook saying how much we’d liked the swearing edited version on the ride home.   Later my friend liked it so much she found the video and posted that.  And this is how The Two Songs That Filled January With Awesome began. 

This video really makes the song, I absolutely love it.  Apparently everyone on my friends list already knew all about this dude, but I am as usual, the last to find him.  I don’t mind.  I had numerous people tell me how good the album is and then a friend messaged me 2 of his songs.  They completely blew me away.  I wasn’t expecting this from this singer at all.  The one I’m posting made me cry, it’s so beautiful. 

So the first song is my new anthem.



From this I am getting 2 things; This Is Fucking Awesome and I Look In-cred-ible.  These are my mantras.  If I am doing something that is not Fucking Awesome, how can I change that?  I have the power over how I experience my life. 
Secondly, I need to own my appearence.  This skin, these clothes, don’t mean a damn thing if I can’t look in the mirror and say I Look Incredible.  I do not need to spend $50 on a tee shirt or have non jiggly thighs to feel like I look good.  

The second song.  Well.  There’s not much to say about it other than it brings me so much hope that it was ever made.  I needed to see this love, I’m overwhelmed with it’s beauty.  Even if you hated the first song (HOW COULD THAT BE POSSIBLE?!!) watch the second.  Please.  


This.  Is fucking awesome.  

*My quote appeared mysteriously in the notes on my phone.  I remember putting it there, but I can not remember what it's from and what the situation was, pretty unusual for me, but it made me smile again, so here it is.  

8 comments:

  1. I JUST heard this song (the second one) two days ago - totally dig it. And had never heard of him before, so I guess I was clueless along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you on the booty shaking. And oh man... looking forward to the days of Chutes & Ladders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, that's from Dr. Dolittle. When he's all, what the shit that dog just told me he loves me.
    My husband has been obsessed with Thrift Store for a while. It rubbed off on me. This is fucking awesome indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first song..while I didn't love/hate it, it did grow on me as it played. The second song..Love it! Even my little guy quieted down and watched/listened. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I had never heard either of these songs, nor the singers.

      Delete
  5. I loved the first song already as it's been playing on the radio here non-stop. The video for it was fucking awesome.

    The second blew me away. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hadn't heard either and I think the first one is groov'n the second one well... I think it's important, and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete