Friday, January 25, 2013

Trifextra

I close my eyes, picturing electronical homicide.  The laptop’s fan starts up.  It grows louder, chortling maliciously at my failed attempts to get online, in cahoots with its old pal Internet.

My nemeses.




Yes, I'm aware I made up a word, hopefully it counts.  It's been far too long since I've contributed to Trifecta, I read the challenges and mull them over, never coming up with one.  I'm very pleased to have something to offer this weekend.

Here is the Trifextra Challenge for this weekend;
We want you to give us a 33-word example of personification.  Wait.  What?  You forget what that is?  It's the practice of attaching human traits and characteristics with inanimate objects, phenomena and animals (http://literary-devices.com).  It's when the wind howls, the car door grunts, and the front porch shrugs its shoulders under the weight of its own history.  Remember?  For some writers, it's the backbone of their art.  This weekend, we want you all to give it a whirl, and we can't wait to see what you come up with.  Good luck!

40 comments:

  1. Ha!ha!This is super cool & I could easily relate-don't we all net addicts have these "electronic homicidal" moments?Wonderfully expressed:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picture kicking all sorts if electronics, just work damn you!!

      Delete
  2. I admire those with sufficient mental energy to attempt to personify personification in 33 words. I'm trying not to scream (because it's past midnight, and screaming would wake up neighbors) over the concluding paragraph about sexual inequality among pygmies in the Buri Forest of Zaire. This is without a doubt the most boring paper I've ever read, much less written. I feel as though I need either electroshock therapy or a lobotomy or both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet any reader can relate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can tell the measure of a person by the enemies thay have gathered through the years. You've done well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I'd have to add my car to that list as well, they all seem to be out to get me.

      Delete
  5. This is my fear every time I turn on my laptop >__< haha Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it was an awesome word creation :D Nicely done, can definitely relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always harboured suspicions that my components were in league together. Thanks for stating those fears so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are!!! I know they plot these things when I'm not around!!

      Delete
  8. Nice way to accelerate creativity. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. since I had entirely TOO much trouble getting online this morning (wonky 'laskan internets!) I can feel for you in this. :) Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm standing on a stool with my phone in the air hoping to snag an errant Internet whisp myself today.

      Delete
  10. I applaud the coining of words! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Made up words totally count (extra credit, I think!) Oh, I've contemplated electronical homicide before And the internet...I knew it was a conspiracy and the computer couldn't have been acting alone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you, and it's so comforting I'm not alone in this.

      Delete
  12. I hate the feeling of a fallen laptop. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good one... I hate when that happens...

    ReplyDelete
  14. chortlingly in cahoots... get thee behind me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And why shouldn't you make up a new word? Dictionaries have no limit. And it's a fine one. I like the way it cozies up to homicide. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehe.. A story everyone would relate to.. "Electronical homicide" - Love that.. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugh. I totally can relate to this. Awesome to see you in the links.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I swear these things are actually alive... Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you could plead insanity as your defense, after all, hasn't everyone with a computer harbored thoughts of electronic mayhem? And aren't those electronic components out to get us anyway? And NO I AM NOT PARANOID! :D

    Seriously, I enjoyed your personification. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think your laptop must be a distant cousin of mine... Nice one, made me grin.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is hilarious but frustratingly relatable! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fantastic! Love "chortling maliciously" - perfect imagery, wonderful personification!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome! 'In cahoots with it's pal internet'...... love that! This was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just don't think the word cahoots is used enough.

    ReplyDelete