Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three. Any food that grows here is tough and tasteless. The people that grow here are even more so. "

Oh snap!!  Guess who got together with her sister to post pictures about her hair?!  This girl!!  Everyone please give a round of applause to my sister, who goes by Anonymous round these parts, because she can't  make a google account just to comment on her sister's blog.  Also, I think she's trying to keep her imprint off the internet a little more than I am.  Don't worry though, you won't mix her up with any of my other sisters because they don't know I do this.  Hopefully.  Because sometimes even though I try really hard not to I talk shit on my one sister's dad.  Sorry if you read this one sister.  My feelings about him have no reflection on my feelings about you I promise.  If I talk shit on my other sisters' dad it's fair game because he's my dad too.  And I never talk shit on my step mom because she rocks hard fucking core.  ANYWAY.  Thank you very much Sister!

Exhibit one.  My hair before.  This is after I blow dried and have beaten it into submission with a flat iron on a non humid day.  So this is the best my hair could possibly look.  Awful.  




Please note the entire missing right section.  It broke off I assume, as I certainly didn't cut it like that.

Before at the hairdresser's house.  I'd washed it and put it in a bun for the occasion.




And CHOP! 



I still haven't sent it away because I'm an asshole.  And also am dying of the plague.


This is right after the chop, no cleaning up done.  And look at the adorable photobomb of Princess Aurora, aka G.  Why yes I am one of those moms who let their kid leave the house in whatever they want so long as it's weather appropriate.  Sometimes I wish I could go to the grocery store as Minnie too, I'm not going to tell her no.


After.




Oh you mean the straightening iron is supposed to do something?!  Shocking.   2 nights ago my FiL looked up at me and said; "Did you do something to your hair?"  I have literally spent more time with that man in the last month than I have my own husband.  My BiL said; "Uhhh, like a month ago, she cut off like a foot of it."  And he said.  "Oh.  Ok."

This is the first haircut I've left the place with exactly what I pictured in my head, I really couldn't be happier. I didn't cry, it was a really happy comfortable time.  I feel taller somehow afterwards, certainly prettier, it's done wonders for how I feel about what I see in the mirror.  Maybe this calls for a new blog photo?   Thank you guys for your support and patience.

*My quote is from How to Train Your Dragon.  It's a cartoon G is OBSESSED with, which is odd because normally she does not like things about dinosaurs or dragons, but she wants to watch this all the time.  It's actually pretty funny so I don't mind at all.



17 comments:

  1. i liked your hair long, but I think it's really attractive at the shorter length as well.

    When I got hurt a couple of years ago, I had my hair cut to just below shoulder length to make it more manageable because I only had one hand with which I could style it. An entirely unintended side effect was that my hair felt much healthier with some of the ends chopped off. With all your body's been through in recent years, I suspect you're noticing the same thing with your shorter hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely I have, my plan is to get it trimmed regularly and grow it out the right way as opposed to going on strike.

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love it. You look like someone famous. Or like you should be famous. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to grow, and then chop, my hair. Looking fab girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really something to be allowed such a dramatic change.

      Delete
  4. Even people who spend a small mortgage payment for a haircut often leave the scene with the sound of Verdi's Requiem playing in their head. You, on the other hand, look damn happy. And damn happy is what I often wish for you. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much. And you would not believe how inexpensive it was. My plan was to have her do the initial and have great clips do the upkeep, but even though she lives an hour away I really can't justify the risk based on how awesome it was and how little she charged.
      Also she lives 2 minutes from an In N Out.

      Delete
  5. Yay! You're very welcome! That was fun, we should do that again sometime. :-D I love, love, LOVE your new 'do. It really fits you. And that whole going to the store as Mini Mouse thing? I'm totally there with you. How awesome would that be? And then mix in some of that dance-walking with it? YES. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I might resemble the before photos more than I care to admit but I keep telling myself that noone gives a shit and what good is pretty hair if you're fat? Um yeah. I know I just had a baby but whatev... I think you look taller too. Just by the head shots! It looks very put together. Hope the plague leaves your house and mine! Why aren't you on instagram???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also.... She still has her Christmas tree up??

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice! Your hair looks chic and healthy and you look like you know it. :D

    ReplyDelete