Oh hi! Why yes, I did know this blog still existed despite the fact I haven't posted in 700 years. I have very good excuses; no internet, the flu, schedule change for my husband, (requiring interaction with him during 'blogging time') and we got a new computer. WHEW. That's a lot right? It's not just me? Well, I do hope you'll forgive me.
So, the internet deal is pretty self explanatory, we live in the middle of nowhere and our internet is total shit. And it's been out a lot. Like all the time. A dude came out, my FiL and him walked the property, checking the lines, discussing issues. I don't know what the permanent outcome is, but I have internet this moment, so that's a good thing.
The flu. Wow. I have to say, and hear me out, I actually prefer the flu to the plague that has been going round lately. 24 hours of total and complete hell, boom, I'm done. With the cold it lingers, I feel like ass, but I'm still capable of taking care of shit, I just feel awful while doing it. With the flu, I'm either unconscious or in the bathroom. No in between, no tasks for me to miserably do. Dead to the world or wishing I was. And then I wake up, and I'm weak and hungry, but done. Obviously I'd prefer not to be sick, but getting it all over with at once, the way I'd have to pick.
My poor husband's schedule. His first two days off in a month happened to fall on the days I decided to almost die for 2 days. So that was...lucky. No laying around pretending we don't exist for a couple days for him though, G was all his. He did fine of course, took her to our friend's to watch super bowl, she had a blast. And I'm a pretty bomb sick person if I do say so myself; my rule of thumb is unless I need a ride to the ER, leave me the fuck alone. If I'm too sick to get it, I don't want it. He did bring me fluids, so that was nice of him. Oh, his schedule. He goes in at 4, so leaves here at 3, AM that is, and is supposed to get off at 12pm. That doesn't generally happen though, and he's been getting home around 2:30. Riiiiight when I'm sitting down to lunch, and you guessed it, to blog. But he's home, and he's going to bed at 7pm, so if I want to have any meaningful conversations or time together, it's probably best I do not ditch him for my internet life. *sigh*
We got the computer yesterday and I'm....intimidated, to say the least. I've never had a brand new computer, let alone a Mac. I stared at it suspiciously for most of yesterday, and it's only today I'm sitting down to click on anything. I'm not very skilled at the computer, hence my link issues despite the fact I've been blogging for 7 years. I don't know. Hopefully I can change this, and figure out this computer because it's only a matter of time till the husband starts making online college noises again. Lawd help us all. The good/bad new is; depending on your personal preferences, we are about to go picture blogging in this bitch. OH YEAH!!! Pictures pictures everywhere!! Not this time. I don't know how to get pictures from my phone to this computer yet. But it's only a matter of time ya'll. I'm going to sync my phone and get an iTunes account and all that shit. *scared face* Maybe that'll start next week.
So. I'm alive and well. I have so many things to talk about, G's new bed, an epiphany I've recently had, my kickboxing class, I can't wait to write about all of it. Let's hope I can figure out how to. :))
Sweet bird of paradise I can't even figure out how to have multiple pages on the internet going on this bitch. We're all dooooomed. Or just I am. Damn. Also I had to google how to copy and paste. Picture blogs might be a bit.
*My quote; our quality time has been mostly involving watching an episode of Shameless before G gets up from nap. It's so weird how much I love this show. Plus this season is in summer, which is convenient as I'm still pissed it isn't summer, so I like watching it on tv.

Good to have you back! Yay!
ReplyDeleteIf you need any help with the Mac just let me know, I've had them all my life.
I don't even know how to turn it on soooo....yeah. Any tips you care to pass on would be appreciated!!
DeleteI've never seen Shameless. What's the network?
ReplyDeletedoes G. Like her new bed?
I'm glad you survived the flu. Ut's an especially virulent strain this yea, or so they say.
Epiphany is one of my favorite words in the English language.
We have it on DVD as I haven't caved to the cable pressure so I don't know. It's damn funny though.
DeleteIt's a good word, now I'm wondering what mine is...hmmm.
You're hilarious.
ReplyDeleteYou've been missed. A Mac? I dream. The husband says... not a chance. And then he convinces me that I don't want one by saying I could have THREE new PCs over ONE Mac. Fine. I'll get three new ones. Something about new technology every few years. Makes me wonder what is in the landfills, but I try to suppress my hippie tendencies when it comes to my love for tek-nol-oh-gee.
My husband has a bad case of keeping up with the joneses, but in our case, oddly enough the joneses are my in laws. His dad got a Mac so he needed one too. I'm terrified. I have some magnetic issue where machines die around me. A lot. Cars, computers, radios, you name it. They tell me this one will be different....
DeleteYes, glad you're back! You'll figure out the Mac. Even I could do it. :)
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! I keep scrolling for your name, and when I don't see it, I'm just kinda "meh" and go do something else. :)) Good luck with the mac! I hate those bastards, I'm all about the pc;)
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! I am apparently the only remaining American who doesn't have and doesn't know how to use (or isn't about to learn how to use) a Mac. How do you right click those darn things? I know, I've been shown, but ... weird stuff.
ReplyDeleteThe flu is Satanic. I'm not sure i even believe in the literal existence of a Satan. I've always considered it more of a human rationalization for the representation of evil in the world, but still, the flu is most definitely Satanic.
ReplyDeleteShe lives! :-D This is your sister, by the way. *Grin* Once you get used to it, you're going to love the Mac. Feel free to throw some questions my way (I know you have tons), I'm willing to help you get things figured out on it. I have to admit, I was highly amused by your comment about copy/pasting because I can totally relate! When I first moved down here, I didn't even know what that was. Anyway, can't wait for the picture posts! Woot WOOT! Love you. <3
ReplyDelete