My sweet Little M,
I started a letter that was long and full of my wishes for you, that turned into regrets, because they will never happen. Not only is that not fair, it’s not necessary. They all boil down to one thing; I wish you had lived. I wish today was your birthday instead of just your due date.
I think about your toes and hands, the softest skin I’ve ever touched. I’m so sorry you couldn’t be my child to raise. I hope you were happy with me. I hope I gave you all you needed, that you enjoyed the food I ate, the cuddles you had with your sister and dad.
You were such a joy. You didn’t make me sick and exhausted, thank you for that, I appreciate it. I loved to feel you wiggle and squirm, thank you for that gift as well.
I miss you every day, with every beat of my heart. Thank you for choosing me as your mom, even if it was for such a short time. I’ll love you for the rest of my life.
Love Always,
Your mama
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

xxoo Thinking of you. You know, like usual.
ReplyDeleteI wish he was here with you too. <3
ReplyDeleteRemembering M and thinking of you.
ReplyDelete<3 HUGS <3
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful letter. I'm pretty sure that the little guy was pretty well embraced in your body and family's love.
<3 HUGS <3
Thinking of you and M today.
ReplyDeleteThese letters will never be easy for me to read (or write). I am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you on M's belated day. He is loved and he is remembered.