I figured out how to change back to the old blogger, (thanks Megan!) until they steal it from me for good. I don’t know what I’m going to do then, as it’s not compatible with my computer and my computer won’t let me download a new internet browser. I feel like I should post date a hundred billion posts or something, but it doesn’t quite work that way. Hopefully I come up with a plan soon.
Thank you for all your support on my kid’s obnoxious behaviors. I’m so sad that was how she acted the whole time my niece was here, but I’m more sad with how I dealt with it. I wasn’t wicked or anything, but I KNOW what to do. I KNOW how to deal with these behaviors in a way that makes me proud of myself, and that’s the biggest disappointment. I allowed myself to be…..I don’t know what, stressed? Embarrassed? Scoreboardy? (My niece is 7 months younger than G and she was very well behaved, BUT G is also very well behaved at other people’s houses, not to mention I know not to COMPARE toddlers!) I shouldn’t be any of those things! SHE’S TWO. I know the direction I want to lead her, and we weren’t heading that way, and that’s what I’m most upset about. I need to figure out my plan and STICK TO IT. When G does X, I do Y. Period end of discussion. I’m getting too worked up about it and it’s affecting my reactions and that’s not ok. So thank you for the reassurances.
In other news, I thought maybe it was time for an update on Phoenix, my orchid. The flowers were falling off and I was sad, until I noticed an offshoot on an existing branch. All the old flowers are gone, but look what’s happening now.
A whole new set! I really am happy with this plant, and hope I will be a good host to a couple more. Last month or so, I told J I want another orchid for mother’s day this year. I love my view from my kitchen window. During the day I see mountains and trees, which are pretty, (but no Target and In N Out *sigh*) and at night I get to look at my hat pin collection and my orchid. Both views make me very happy, and I can’t wait to add another to the window sill.
Due to the fact the “garden” has been elevated to farm status, (no joke, that’s a post in itself, you would not believe what these crazy people have done, said with love, until I’m forced to open a veggie stand at the bottom of the driveway, although I’d take that over, you know, GARDENING, *shudder* with dirt and bugs any day) J spends a lot of time in gardening sections of various stores, usually with his dad. Every time he gets home he tells me about the orchid section, this one was very weird, this one was gorgeous, this one was funny looking. He’s plotting which one he’s going to get me, waiting for the perfect one. He takes time out of buying steer manure or whatever it is they’re doing there, to wander around the flower section and think of me. Be still my beating heart, I love to hear about it so much. I can’t wait to see what he picks. I’ll post a picture if I’ve figured it out by then. Bastard blogger.
While putting G down for a nap this exchange took place, please recall we live in the middle of 50 acres.
It’s time to go to bed!
*sadly* I can’t go to sweep.
Why not?
*still sad* The neighbors are too woud.
For reals you guys? Then I remembered we’d watched We Bought a Zoo TWO weeks ago, and that’s essentially what the little girl said. It’s the only place I can think she heard that. My kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your orchid is beautiful. I love orchids! I kind of wish I lived out in the middle of nowhere sometimes. I grew up surrounded by redwoods and when it was dark you could see the stars...what a concept. I live in such a big populated place....sigh...maybe a compromise would be good.
ReplyDeleteI love and miss the city daily, but I don't regret my decision to leave and am still confident I made the right choice. It's still hard though.
DeleteGlad it worked!
ReplyDeleteI haven't done a single freaking garden thing yet this year. OK, I'll be honest, most of my gardening consists of telling someone else what I want done. Fuck dirt.
G is freaking hysterical. She's my favorite kind of trouble -- opinionated and smart and funny enough to pull it off with style. :D
You might be too late soon yo, there's like gardening rules and stuff. :))
DeleteThank you, it makes me happy when other people see her awesomeness through her obnoxiousness. :)