Once the holidays are over my reasons for the hustle and bustle will sail out the door with them. What will I do then? What will I do once the house is spotless, the tree is put away and there's no playdate to be had? When my brain has time to think.
I'm having trouble with motivation. To get up. Take vitamins. Go above and beyond the bare minimum for eating. What is the point? I eyeball my morning smoothie and wonder; are the blueberries, banana and strawberries really worth the time and effort? Or would sliding by with a glass of oj be just fine. Are those extra nutrients all that important really? It's not like I'm going to go back to mountain dew and doughnuts for breakfast. I don't want to feel like shit. I just wonder how much these little things are really helping me.
On sunday we took G to see Santa. She did very well, I was very proud of her, seeing as how nervous she was. And then stopped by J's very good friend's house to meet his new daughter. Their latest "surprise". I do not begrudge them their baby, they are wonderful parents. And meeting her wasn't all that hard. I waved to the sleeping child on the couch. Shopping for her however, buying a christmas present for the baby born on the same day I found out mine didn't have a heartbeat proved to be very challenging.
I'm angry. I'm jealous. I'm bitter. I'm heartbroken. I am without hope. You wouldn't know that to look at me I don't think. Storytime, Santa, shopping, Congratulations! She's beautiful! I smile, I play, I read, I talk, I sew, I wrap packages, I rock my daughter to sleep. Thank goodness for that rocking chair. I am so grateful for that piece of furniture. Later on, I cry. I cry for all the babies lost everywhere. And for mine.
Tattoos and running shoes. These are what will keep me going after the holidays. They'll get me up in the morning. Eye on the prize.
*My quote is from A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas, which quite honestly has been one of the bright spots of this past week. I don't think I can convey to you how much I want to marry Neil Patrick Harris. Not if he was straight, just as he is. I love him. I promise.

I cannot convey to you how much I do NOT want to marry Neil Patrick Harris, even if he turned straight & bought me that Gucci velvet wraparound dress I keep hinting to the ex about.
ReplyDeleteYou are worth the time & effort, Amelia. Don't make me come over there. Loss doesn't have an expiration date, & I don't want to say any simplistic dumb stuff, so I'll just say I'll keep reading & keep hoping.
J'taime. Thank you for that smile. And good, because he's mine and you can't have him.
DeleteI had no idea he was gay. I never imdb these people...
ReplyDeleteBe well, Amelia. However that is for you.
He makes out with his husband in real life on Harold and Kumar and it's HOT. I just feel like, someone who can be on Broadway, Sesame Street, and then go be a sex crazed maniac and is AWESOME at all three has to be worth my time.
DeleteI'm trying.
Tattoos and running shows is a great mantra. I need to find one of those myself
ReplyDeleteYou could use my mantra if you like.
DeleteWish I could come annoy you for the entire month of February.
ReplyDeleteMe. Too.
DeleteIt's hard to want to take care of yourself when you're really fucking sad. I'm impressed at the way you go through the motions of busyiness and the holiday season. It's amazing what we can endure when we have to. Sending love and light your way.
ReplyDeleteI heart NPH also. Dreamy.
It's like that meme; Not a single fuck was given that day. That's it exactly.
ReplyDeleteGah, Amelia.
ReplyDeleteI wonder the same crap about taking care of yourself when you just feel so helpless and hopeless and crap. Like, who cares about Vitamin C.
I'm sad with you.
I will let you marry NPH. How I Met Your Mother is a despised show of mine. I don't know why. Maybe because of all the girls he tries to swoon and maybe it frustrates me that he has no desire to get at their ovaries. It's like a math problem without a solution. Drives me crazy!
But dreamy he is.
I think that he is capable of playing that part is one of the things I love about him. He can do ANYTHING.
DeleteWhat has vitamin C done for me anyway?
Hi Amelia. I haven't followed you in blogland until recently hearing about your recent batch of shitty luck. But I've been thinking of you a lot. Thinking of all these babies who are so wanted and so loved - 6 weeks, 10 weeks, 40, it doesn't matter.
ReplyDeleteThen I see your pretty face pop up in comments on other blogger friends. And I just get sad all over. What did this nice girl do to deserve such shitty luck? What did any of us do other than try to get our babies everything we could? Why isn't that enough?
I hope that things are gentle for you over Christmas. And I hope that the new year brings some new energy and happiness to your heart.
Also, Neil Patrick isn't dreamy to me because he reminds me SO much of my cousin who looks just like him AND is gay. I feel like it'd be creepy of me to crush on my cousin!
I'm glad to read your words, but sorry you've found me undoubtedly through losses of your own. Thank you.
DeleteYou get a pass on loving NPH. That would be very awkward. *shudder*
Oh its so hard to give a shit about anything after loss let alone yourself when it is so easy to blame your body for failing you. I can hear your distractions with being busy...but what happens when the Christams season is over and the distractions and running around are less? Will you be forced to face it, more. I am sorry that you have to be dealing with this especially during a hard month for you. light and love to you.
ReplyDeleteThank you. It's hard not to blame my body, and to want to....punish it I guess. No blueberries for you!! *sigh*
DeleteEven in the dead of winter at an elevation over 6,000 feet, I spend most of my nights searching for the cool spot on the pillow. What's it going to be like for us when we hit the giant roller coaster of menopause?
ReplyDelete