Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Damn boondocks internet.
My absence hasn’t been planned; my internet fucking hates me or something and refuses to work.
I can’t believe it’s been a week already. It feels like yesterday I was still feeling him move in me. I just keep thinking of how soft his skin was. I miss him so much.
I’m really struggling with the “Should Be’s”. I know they serve no purpose but to torture me, but I can’t seem to help it. There’s another couple who was married a few months before us, had their son about 4 months before G, and their daughter about 5 months before Little T was due. Their daughter’s first birthday is at the end of this month, and the thought of going makes me want to hide under the covers. I’m not sure if they know I was pregnant, and that we lost him, but I assume they do and all I can picture is people whispering behind their hands; “ohh, the girl whose babies die.” Not to mention the comparisons; they were just a few months behind us….
I KNOW. I know I’m being crazy. I’m projecting my feelings of inadequacy as what others think about me. They don’t. I would never be friends with assholes. I have never thought that about someone else, just myself. I’m the only one who looks at them and thinks of the road I was supposed to travel, but instead I’m on this one. I try to remind myself we all have our struggles, mine are no greater or smaller than anyone else’s. I don’t know what they have gone through in their lives. They are no more or less worthy then me. But I am jealous none the less. That they get to bring their babies home and raise them.
Of course we’re going. If we don’t go IT will win. I’m not sure what IT is. Grief? Depression? Paranoid social anxiety? The asshole universe that won’t let me bring home living sons? My failed plans of how my life is supposed to be? IT has not made itself known to me yet, but I am very aware there is a battle going on. What I don’t know is if I’m supposed to be fighting, maybe if it’s grief I’m supposed to let it…be? I don’t know. What I do know is that the worst that can happen is I start crying at the party, which is what I do every day, and at least it’s not the cream cheese section of the grocery store. We can leave early if needed. I will make sure I don’t ruin the party of course.
My heart continues to break with everything I realize we will not do with our sons. It’s like it washes over me fresh and new.
Thank you for all the thoughts emails and prayers, I very much appreciate them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You're incredible for attending. I wouldn't. I still have those same thoughts about how others view me.
ReplyDelete"She must have done something wrong."
"That only happens to people who aren't getting proper care."
"It's her fault."
"I don't want to drink the same water she does because then my babies might die, too."
"Being friends with her will cause me the same bad luck."
Yeah, I still think those thoughts. It's irrational and stupid and totally on-par with being a loss mother (also a stupid term). I think it's brave to go and with that, I wish you well. I'm chicken shit, so I have no real experience except 1 year later when I have finally started coming out of the woodwork-- and even now, I hate it just the same. Those parties and the celebrating and seeing babies/children who would be Andrew's age? Screw that. I have to maintain some pride and dignity. Or is it self-preservation? Whatever. I will salvage what I can and maybe avoid those whispers.
Truly the pits. Hang in there because you really don't have a choice, right? Ugh. We all mourn your loss right along with you and empathize the physical and emotional pain/void you're feeling.
Nothing but love. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI understand your desire to go to the party. Whether you're proving it to yourself or to other people, I know how it important it is to try to salvage some aspect of your old self or your should-have-been self or whatever.
ReplyDeleteJust give yourself a quick escape route and a big ol' reward for making it through the day.
You are a badass for dealing with your loss while going on with your life. Cry in the cream cheese aisle, cry at the fucking party if you need to. You deserve to grieve whenever, wherever and however you need to.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you.