Saturday, November 19, 2011

Summon

My fingers race over the keyboard, my eyes on the screen. I have 28 minutes until nap time is offically over, but I can hear the scuffles and noises from the moniter, cluing me in that my schedule may not be the one to follow today. Just a few more words to read...write...absorb. One more comment, one more time to reach out to those I've never met, but share more about myself than I do those in real life. I glance down at the clock and then over to the moniter, knowing being summoned to lift that sweet girl up and kiss her cheeks is the best part of my day, even as I try to put it off for just a minute longer. ~~~~~~~~~ I did a prompt you guys!! I couldn't get my brain around it until just now, when the baby is actually waking up, so I'm so excited I didn't miss the deadline. I hope you all go and see what it's about, I think it's an awesome blog and I hope to contribute again. I also hope I was allowed to use whatever tense of the word I wanted, because, well, I did.

3 comments:

  1. Amelia, this is beautiful. It really conjures up what it is like to love two things so different, so competing with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so totally get this. It's perfect. I remember reading somewhere, I love my children so much so why is it that I always want them to keep sleeping? It's the only time when we just get to be ourselves with no one else to cater to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for submitting to this week's Trifecta Writing Challenge. I love what you did with the prompt. I think a lot of us can really identify with these feelings. It's complicated to feel pulled in so many different directions. You said it perfectly. Hope to see you back again next week!

    ReplyDelete