Friday, May 18, 2012

"Do come in. Can I get you something? Milk? Soda? A joint? It's medicinal."

Mother’s day. It was nice. I informed my husband and his brother that their mother and I would not shop for, plan, prepare, or clean up any meals on that day, so they took care of it and that was awesome. Unfortunately it reminded me how lame cooking and cleaning is, and how much more time there is in the day when you don’t have to do either. If I’m ever rich, I’m getting a cook. I’ll wash the dishes if I have to, but someone else is going to be responsible for the planning and preparation.

Apparently the store sold out of the orchid J wanted to buy me, and he was sad. So he bought me 2 runners up in it’s place, so along with the one my MiL bought for me a few weeks ago just because, my kitchen window sill is getting crowded! They are beautiful and I love looking at them, so I’m fighting the urge to take some of the things down, especially since there is nowhere else in the house to put any of that stuff. Now we shall see if I have a green thumb or if Phoenix is just from strong stock. Interestingly, the tag says indirect sunlight, and my kitchen has quite a bit of very direct sunlight, and in the summer is like the 7th level of hell it gets so toasty for so long. I’m curious to see how they do.



Please excuse the awful reflection of my fridge that is baring the abc magnets that G isn’t allowed to have yet and various other things that I swear doesn’t make it look that bad from the front.

It was a good day, I’m so appreciative of my babies and my family, and while the day started out as something totally different as revealed to me in this beautifully written post; http://bythebrooke.blogspot.com/2012/05/meaning-of-mothers-day.html
it’s nice to have an excuse to be lazy. Tears were shed, but not for long, and I think it was to be expected. I’m grateful I was able to acknowledge my sadness, and the babies that are missing from my arms, and still be able to get up the next day without the dark cloud of depression looming over me. The sun is coming out in my brain as well as outside, something I will never take for granted.

Light and love to all who need it, whether it be on Mother’s Day or just some random Friday, I’m always trying to put it out there.

Side note, why the hell is it I can post a picture but not a link? I need to take a computer class. Blogging for Dummies.

9 comments:

  1. Been thinking of you a lot. Thanks for all the comments on my blogs and sorry I've been so negligent on yours.

    I love your orchids. They are beautiful. I'm actually really good with orchids and have many that bloomed 10+ times over the years. The trick is not to over water them. Every 2-3 weeks soak them in tempid to lukewarm water for about a minute. Them drain them completely and let them go for another month. Cut dead leaves when you see them and make sure they are in sun but not direct sun. They only need a few hours of indirect sun a day. That should keep them blooming for a long time to come.

    I hope that helps. And I wish I could give such straight forward advice about other things but I know things just aren't made that way, especially our difficult problems.

    Abiding with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I appreciate your words and knowing you're thinking of me.

      Delete
  2. Is that a Sheila quote?

    I'm glad the two of you went on strike, and I bet your MiL appreciated that you made sure to include her.

    My Mother's Day Doritos went stale. I only like Doritos when I have PMS. *shrug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How the hell did you know?! And close, but no cigar, it was Candace, Steve's mom to Debbie when she shows up. Sheila is my favorite though.
      I overdosed on doritos a few years back and can't eat them anymore.
      She was grateful, gotta look out for my bitches you know?

      Delete
  3. Also, at least you don't have a photocopy of an ass on your refrigerator. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a bunch of inappropriate magnets though, with swear words and junk. Thats gonna be interesting when G learns to read.

      Delete
  4. So glad you feel sunshine upon you. Gosh we certainly take it when we can get it. I realize with how much I cry and have cried in the past 10.5 months that days that I cry does not always = a bad day. I'm glad you got a break and you added to your crazy (cat) orchid lady collection. :). Sending light to you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha!! I will claim crazy orchid lady any day!! And you're right, some days crying doesn't equal bad.

      Delete
  5. I never trust a parent with a itemless fridge. So you are good.

    ReplyDelete