Saturday, May 5, 2012

F.I.N.E.

It’s been five months. Of course I’ve moved on by now.

He hugs me goodbye. “How are you doing?”
“I’m f.i.n.e.” I appreciate being asked, that the effort is made. But ‘the face I leave in a jar by the door’ is firmly in place and I won’t allow it to crack.
“No really, how are you doing?”
“I’m f.i.n.e.! I’ve been working out every day!” Maybe the smile, exclamation point and redirection will help.


I’m not lying. I’m absolutely Fucked up Insecure Neurotic and Emotional. Every single day. Still.


This is my contribution for Trifextra, the weekend prompts from Trifecta.
The instructions were;
This week’s Trifextra challenge is simple, but ambiguous.

Three truths and a lie.

33 to 333 words.

Bring it.

Go on over, read, write, enjoy.

8 comments:

  1. I love the truth within the lie idea. Well played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I hope that sometime relatively soon you're simply OK, no acronym needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I will always miss my babies and I'm forever changed, I was doing better before April came. I seem to be backsliding in my grieving. But I'm hopeful I'll smile easier again. Fingers crossed for sooner rather than later. :)

      Delete
  3. Heh. Too sure that's too true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for linking up with Trifextra this weekend, and thank you for sharing a bit of your journey with us. Wishing you love and light and a speedy return to easy smiles. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy shit I LOVED the Eleanor Rigby reference. There's a story contained in that line about the face kept in a jar by the door being firmly in place, about the things you express, the things you keep hidden, and the depth of loss and grieving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's my favorite Beatles song. :)
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't we all F.I.N.E.??? I wish we could all just be super honest and say. I'm pretty fucked up but I'm still alive. Give a hug and a kiss and wave goodbye. At least your being asked... I don't get the opportunity to be truthful or lie. Maybe he's scared because he knows I'm more likely to tell the truth and he rather me be F.I.N.E. Sorry your on the back slide. 5 months is a bitch. Sending a hug your way.

    ReplyDelete