Bon Jour. I did end up going camping, I did survive, and it was as awful as I expected. We put the camper on the truck and put a blow up bed in the back for the 3 of us. That wasn’t very bad, I preferred it to drafty tents, but shimmying out of the back of a truck you can’t sit up in trying not to wake your kid to use the bathroom in the freezing ass cold at 1:30 am was less than awesome. As for the place itself, it was of course beautiful, trees and rocks and such. But as I told our friends, I have all that here yo. I go out in nature every day to play with G. We tromp through the weeds looking for bugs, play hide and seek and chase under the tall pine trees and climb on the boulders every single day rain or shine. I HAVE nature, plenty of wide open spaces, and then I go inside and take a shower. I just don’t get the camping concept, and in all honesty was massively bored. Perhaps I would have liked it if we had brought the stroller and gone hiking as much as it would have let us, I don’t know. G was in melt down mode because she refused to take a nap, so getting her to walk anywhere else wasn’t happening. But sitting around by a freezing ass creek, or in a dirt/smoke filled campsite perpetually twitching to get whatever is crawling on me off is not my idea of a great time. The bugs were HORRIBLE. Like biting flies, mosquitoes, big yellow I have no idea what they’re called bugs CONSTANTLY trying to bite us. I think that is what makes me the most annoyed. You can’t sit and relax when you are under constant attack, and the fly bites left huge swollen welts on people, they looked painful. It stressed me the hell out.
So, I went. I tried not to be a massive bitch, but I was absolutely honest when people asked me if it was so much more fun than I thought. Like I’ve never been or something. My dislike comes from EXPERIENCE people. When they asked I told them, it’s dirty, bug filled and cold, 3 things at the top of my list of shit I don’t like, throw in no shower and toilet that doesn’t flush and we’re in my own personal hell. Not to mention G’s flipping out the whole first day because she didn’t nap. Screaming kids are great as it echoes through the trees. Fun for all involved. J mentioned cabins across from a beautiful lake about 20 minutes from where we were, so I looked those up and they run about $200 a night. For fucking reals. If I’m spending that kind of money there better be room service and cable involved. Maybe a jet tub. He also brought up borrowing a RV from someone, but driving that sucker up those mountains would probably run us $200 in gas so my final answer will undoubtedly be; 'have fun' whilst I wave from the door. The end.
Onto even less happier subjects; I have my doctor’s appointment tomorrow. I’m very anxious about it. Having to talk to him in itself is an issue. But I know I need to address it, exposure to that which is making me worry is the best thing for me. Add to that I also know the chances of me crying in front of him are pretty high, which I hate. And the fact that the conclusion of the appointment will most likely be “stress” is less than freaking awesome as well. But my hair is still falling out, and I’m going to be fucking bald soon, the OPK is indicating I’m not ovulating, and I’m much more tired than I should be really for someone who eats, exercises and sleeps as I do, so it’s worth a shot. It is probably stress. Grief. And it’s not his fault that it has to be him to tell me that, but it doesn’t make me look forward to it any more knowing that. Maybe he’ll surprise me and have a detailed plan of action that will make everything better. I’m sure he’s got his magic wand ready and waiting.
Let’s see, we can’t end on this note or we’ll all need Prozac with a vodka chaser. Here we go;
G, watching Little Mermaid (I hate that movie) at the shark scene with an angry squinty eye face; “Look at that bad shark. I’m going to punch that shark right in his face. Then I’m going to kick him in his face. Dang mean shark.”
I wish there was a Buddhist temple in our area. We obviously could benefit from some non violent teachings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Bugs are what I dislike most about The Great Outdoors. , , except for toilets that do not flush, which goes without saying, though I just said it.
ReplyDeleteRegarding your level of fatigue, have you had a lung capacity test, or whatever they're properly called, lately? If my parents were to read this, they would yell at me again for pretending to practice medicine without a license. Regardless of my parents' derisive attitudes, I'll share with you that my aunt, who is in her early thirties, woke up exhausted every morning, and it never got better all day long. it ended up that she had just a bit of lung obstruction, and the slight yet constant struggle to take in enough air was responsible for her fatigue. she now uses an inhaler three to four times each day and is much better. it's unlikely that the sem thing is wrong with you simply because the practically insurmountable odds that what ails you is the one fatigue-inducing condition with which i'm familiar, but still the possibility may be worth investigating. Either way, good luck with that.
Concerning your time camping, if you happen to believe in Purgatory, you've certainly already put in your time there. My mom says that Purgatory is not, nor has it ever been, an official doctrine of the Holy Roman Catholic Church. I tell my mom that saying such a thing makes her sound like a Mormon.
Interesting suggestion, but I think it's more something hormonal related. Or maybe a vitamin deficiency. I'm glad you're aunt is feeling better.
DeleteYou are now officially the best.wife.ever. Cash that shit in, yo.
ReplyDeleteGo into the office expecting to cry. You pay him good money to watch you cry. Grief man, there is no time limit.
xoxo
Dude, our friend's wife doesn't hate camping as much as I do, but I really feel she doesn't particularly like very much either, went camping while knocked up, hello 700 bathroom trips in the freezing ass cold, and then the next year while nursing their newborn! WITHOUT COMPLAINING. SHE is the best wife ever. I told him he better buy her flowers and chocolate regularly for that shit. (He probably does, they're adorable.)
DeleteThere isn't, as I seem to be hell bent on proving.
Fuck biting flies. I'll punch them in the face, then I'll kick them in the face. Whenever my friends and I would go horseback riding we'd have to out-run those assholes at a gallop.
ReplyDeleteThyroid problems are common. Maybe? Is it one of those times when you almost hope you find something just so you have an answer? I hope you get a magic action plan.
I'm being tested for that. Come on magic plan!
DeleteUgh. Just ugh.
ReplyDeleteIf you'd like, let me know what time you're going and I'll send you all kinds of wildly inappropriate shit while you're at the doctor.
Oh Damn! I should have done this! It would have been way better than hyperventilating!
DeleteI'm rooting for him having that magical plan. I'm all in for you on that one.
ReplyDeleteI myself have outdone myself in the putting my back completely out department ... I can't move without major spasms. I think my chiropractor kind of liked how bad it is, I think he thinks I should visit him regularly and THIS is what I get for not.
And the real bummer? I bowled my back into this excruciating position. Fuck. I love bowling man, and this is the total shits.
Anyway, hoping that the "adjustment" I got today will ease things up and that Thursday will make me, in fact, mobile tomorrow.
But I am with Joules here, you DO get the award for wifey of the year. And good on ya for not pretending. I hate smug people who are all, Now, ain'tcha glad you came?! THAT'S when I leave the howling kid with the spouse and head for my mat to read books by myself. ;) Because I'm not "good" like you that way.
Seriously, though, I have had periods where I lost half my hair. Like, in gross amounts that were distressing in and of themselves, never mind the stress I was under anyway. So while I am hoping that whatever it is you are enduring is something solve-able with asprin or something equally as toxic and addictive, I'll also hope that he has some suggestions for you regardless.
And if it is grief, sister, then you're gonna have to ask for grieving time. IDK how that works at your place, at mine it is simply a full day alone at my house where I can watch stupid movies or read good books that will make me mope and cry for at least 12 hours, on a regular basis. And by regular at my house, with my three homeschooling kids, that has pretty much been once a year at this point. But we have to ask, right? <3 <3 <3
crap. that's the abbreviated version. Okay, unedited, but I could say more ... >.<
DeleteIf I pretend I'm just asking to have to do it again, honesty is the best policy.
DeleteFull day alone? What is this mythical thing you speak of? I don't think I've had such a day since...getting married? :) Something to consider anyway.
Come on aspirin being the cure for everything!! YEAH!!! *rolls dice*
Good for you and aren't you glad that's over with?! Yeah, I recently tried to find a place to park our trailer for a camping trip near a family member and had to choose between what appears to be a lovely state park but with no hookups (zero probability of the hubby camping without AC right now -- what is this "cold" you mention?), and one that has everything but cost $60 a night for a parking space (Albeit one with hookups. On a lake.). Sorry, that's what I expect to pay for a hotel room (in the boonies, and just to be clear this is not a "tourist attraction" lake) not a parking space ...
ReplyDeleteWe're visiting, but staying with the family.
It's lame how much people will pay for so little. Blows my mind.
Delete