Holy crap you guys august is going to be insane. Due to the facts my in laws have a time share, (one to a specific place as opposed to the kind you can pick a location from wherever they have condos,) that I’m a freeloader, and that my MiL couldn’t stand the thought of going a week without seeing G, we’ll be going on vacation. I’m pretty fucking excited. They tell me they paid it off years ago, and now they just pay maintenance fees, but I know nothing about this kind of thing and they could very well be saying that so I don’t feel bad about not putting up some money. My BiL is going as well though, so that helps I guess.
We’re going to a well populated lake area and I Have Plans. We will be seeing other human beings daily; I’ll make sure of it. I don’t care if we memorize every shop within a 3 mile radius, we’ll browse at Rite Aid if needed, we will be taking full advantage of civilization being within walking distance. It’s a one bedroom, so we’ll be crowded, but it has 2 bathrooms, which is very important to the family of poopers I married into. Especially for an almost 3 year old that has the issue where the moment it occurs to her that she needs to use the bathroom coincides with the moment it becomes Emergency! Status! that she use the bathroom. Even with 2 there’s always the chance she may still have to pee in a sink once or twice. Note to self, bring Clorox wipes.
There’s a partial kitchen and a place to hide G away from us for nap time so we don’t have to sit in the hallway on our phones every day. There are 2 TVs so I will bring my work out DVDs AND I think a little gym. As long as it has a treadmill I’ll be happy. My BiL looked all disgusted and asked what kind of person works out on vacation, obviously he has not experienced the anxiety level drop exercise provides. Too bad for him. I love that we get to keep our schedule; it makes it so much easier for me to look forward to it. I will be getting out as much as possible, me, that stroller, my kid and whoever wants to come, but keep up because moseying annoys the shit out of me. Walk at a brisk pace please!
I’m freaking out a little bit because J can’t go with us. He was planning to come up for part of it but we’re not sure it will work out. We’ll be fine without him, we’ll miss him of course, but it’s not really a huge issue. Except it’ll be right when I’m supposedly ovulating. You’re so excited to read this. I know I’m doing a bunch of tests because I don’t think I am ovulating so this really shouldn’t be an issue, but what if it actually happens this month?! And the egg will be all wasted because there’s no one there to greet it. I know the odds are very low of that happening, but I’ll take low odds over no odds and that’s what I’ll be getting this month, so I’m sad about that.
About a week after we get home, J’s cousin has asked us to watch their 18 month twins for as long as we’re able while they go on a well deserved cruise. I’m flattered they trust us, and we have plenty of room for them. The twins are 2 of 5, the other 3 staying elsewhere while they’re gone. I’m nervous but I feel like I need to do this, I’m trying my damnedest to have another kid so I need to be prepared for what it will bring. I’m hoping I will be so busy (in a good way) I won’t dwell on the fact they were supposed to be ‘matching cousins’ with my Little T. Their older brother is the same age as G, so our broods would have had plenty kids to play with their own age. It stings still. But they are probably the best kids to cut your teeth on having multiples around ever. Being in a pack of five with a no nonsense mom gives you a whole different set of survival skills than my spoiled little singleton. When she was showing us around the house she took us to the girls’ room 2 minutes after she’d put them down; “oh they’ll cry, but they’ll stop, it’ll be fine.” Beyond my comprehension let me tell you. I can guarantee they’ll eat better than G, maybe she will follow their lead, wouldn’t that be nice.
I will be passing them onto the next relative the morning of the 23rd because that is my Princess G’s 3rd birthday. We will spend the day with her, giving her what will hopefully be much appreciated attention after her cousins have been around for so long. The next day I will clean and bake 700 cupcakes and prepare for her party which will be the following day, the 25th. Then on the 26th we’ll go to my dad’s house as that side of the family will have to miss the party for a previous engagement. Just to make sure I’m completely ready for ANOTHER vacation, on the 27th we’ll take G to get her yearly pictures in the city. Then I will drop dead of exhaustion.
I’m hoping this will be a month of busyness that I enjoy, I really do appreciate having a lot to do, the more I accomplish the better I feel. I do want to be sure I keep exercising though as just a couple days skipped very much affects my anxiety and ability to cope with outside stressors, of which there will be plenty, not mention my super cool internal ones that insist on sticking around. I’m considering looking up How to Meditate on youtube. That would bring interesting results I’m sure. Here’s to trying.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Breathe.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy vacation, enjoy the kids and G's birthday and work out for hours daily if that's what it takes for you to relax. Apparently Chinese medicine recommends exercise, specifically upper arm stuff as the first thing to try for depression. Working out stresses me out.
Interesting info as I totally half ass upper body as I'm weak and skinny up there already.
DeleteMy therapist always recommended meditation. I never fully got into it, although I did do some of the guided meditations from here
ReplyDeletehttp://www.meditationoasis.com/
and always felt somewhat better after. You're totally right about working out, though. Kept the anxiety in check for me (at least to a certain extent).
Yay about the vacation, bummer about the ovulation. Perhaps J could drive in for a booty call?
Thank you! I'll look into that. Trust me I will be tying to convince him. :))
DeleteMeandering rIte aid is fun even when you live down the street from it. Yay for free vacations too!
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to exercise again. Honestly I am. Besides how are you supposed to burn all those empty alcohol calories if not by treadmill? Have fun being busy.
Hahaha! You know me so well.
DeleteFreaking ovulation tracking. Truth: I followed my husband on a business trip specifically because that stupid pee stick said to. What an expensive choice that was (plane ticket + pg ending in miscarriage + D&C hospital bill).
ReplyDeleteHooray for cheap vacations though?
Yeah, I'm trying not to freak out too much, it'd be sweet if he came up to visit, but I doubt it. There will be a nice homecoming though...
DeleteWow - That is a VERY busy! Enjoy your vacation and time with twins. I do not have the patience for cupcakes - so good on ya!
ReplyDeleteI don't mean to be totally crude (actually, I probably do mean to be totally crude because I know my parents will never see this), but you could take along a frozen supply of J's boys and a turkey baster. Regardless, have fun.
ReplyDeleteBAHAHAHAHA!! Something to consider..
Delete