Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"You're too busy chasing tail and loading your hair with enormous amounts of product. Today it just looks like you put lard in it."

And so it begins. My hair is falling out. Honestly, it started 2 weeks early, last week, and the 3 month birthday of my lost Little M isn’t for another week, but I’m assuming arguing with my hormones that it wasn’t time yet would be useless. The next milestone will be my due date, and then I will begin life in the land of Should once again.

Not that I’ve ever left it. I’ve set up shop here, permanently it seems. I manage to leave for regular visits to join everyone in the Real World quite often, but I always end up back here. Looking out the window and watching my babies play.

I’ll brush my wretched looking hair over the garbage for as long as it takes. Until the many falling strands, long ones, that have been around since before G, and short ones, that are just growing back from losing Little T, stop their descent and decide to hold fast once again.

I’ve been through it before. It’ll grow back. No. Big. Deal.







This is my response to the prompt of wretched from the lovely Trifecta.

wretched adjective \ˈre-chəd\

1:deeply afflicted, dejected, or distressed in body or mind

2:extremely or deplorably bad or distressing

3:being or appearing mean, miserable, or contemptible

Third definition as usual. Go over and submit your own or show the wonderful writers some love.

15 comments:

  1. If I tell you cucumbers help with hair loss, will you punch me?

    I'm sorry your hormones hate you. Physical reminders of what you should have really suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!! Cucumbers?!! I would not punch you, I would be amused. I'm also going to tell my husband as he hates cucumbers, and may also be experiencing a more permanant version of the above. *cough*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahahahahaha!! The seedless kind is easier for me to tolerate. The kind with seeds make me burp rancid cucumber air for days.

      Delete
    2. That's why he claims to hate them, he doesn't even like cucumber scented lotion it's so bad. Who knew seeds would change you're reaction so much?! Weird.

      Delete
    3. It is weird. I only found out because I'm lazy and hate peeling them, especially if I'm not going to eat them and those don't need to be peeled. I stuck a piece in the juicer cuz my hair was thinning, and no burping!! The seeded kind still makes me burp when it's juiced.

      What I find strange is how alike your husband and I are. I've been told countless times by many different people that I'm not from around here and that aliens are the most likely explanation. Maybe he and I came from the same mother planet?

      Delete
    4. I've said before you two are very similar, long sister material. Only difference is they love spicy food.

      Delete
  3. Some people have to shave their head to cut off delusion. Motherhood seems to be cutting off delusion for you!

    I'm sure this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh. I don't know what to say to that. Worst fears articulated. And with the added touch of my wife's hair loss after pregnancy, which I remember so well as I fetched much of it out of the shower drain myself... Ah, brutal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is brutal. Hopefully it will stop soon. With G I thought I was going to lose it all!

      Delete
  5. The heartbreak you have already endured is compounded by your hair loss. It's like a reminder. I hope you can surround yourself with love and peace on that 'should have' due date.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember the hair loss...but at least I wasn't dealing with other devastating losses.

    I'm sorry you are experiencing such difficulty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up again, Amelia. This is a tough one to write, I'm sure. But as usual, you write with an honesty and rawness that makes it very readable and very easy for us to relate to. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "No. Big. Deal." More like three decisive blows to the gut.

    But, hey, mine falls out around the temples. Gives me an awesome receding hairline. It drives the Bingo ladies wild.

    ReplyDelete