This is my submission for the awesomesauce Trifecta

for their weekend prompt of Trifextra which was as follows:
This weekend's challenge is to write a story entitled 'Lost' in exactly 33 words. The word 'lost' can only appear in the title, not your 33 words. Any reference to the TV show could result in another visit to see the editors in the Trifecta offices.
It would have been very easy for me to go where I was intially thinking, something about my lost babies. But in an effort to lighten the mood I decided to post one of my more favorite memories from the group home, finding our way home no matter which way we turned.
So go on over and submit, or just read the wonderful stories already there.

(I'm sorry about your losses.) This piece *is* uplifting... something I'd love to do on a Friday afternoon when time is not a pressure. This kind of "lost" is fun!
ReplyDeleteThank you and thank you! I loved knowing 10 ways to get from point A to point B.
DeleteThanks for the smile.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome. :)
DeleteI smiled when I read this. On most summer weekends our dad would take my younger sis, me and mom to Buckeye Lake to a friend's cottage. He used to ask us - right or left. It never failed that whichever road we chose we still arrived at the cabin. I was fascinated with our power. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful memory, thank you for sharing it with me!
DeleteI'm in...right or left! (Well, these days I'm not because of "the fam"...but if I could go back in time...)
ReplyDeleteGreat job. :o)
Thank you. :))
DeleteThat's the best! We do adventures, whenever we can. I have taken my youngest out of preschool for the last few months of this year so that we may do more. Having the other two in homeschool should help ... this piece is lovely.
ReplyDeleteThank you! It was a very nice way to start an afternoon. :)
DeleteThanks so much for linking up. Yours was one of the few positive, happy takes on the prompt. It was a nice, refreshing read. I've worked in those group homes; I bet you blew their minds with the departure. Hope to see you back again soon.
ReplyDeleteThey did get very excited at the possibilities. :)
DeleteThank you!
And I bet that hate it hate it hate it when they get lost!!! My parents would try to spice things up like this, and I was always anxious until I knew where I was again.
ReplyDeleteInteresting, they always seemed to enjoy being in charge, maybe because I was having fun they did too? It was different when we got lost on accident.
DeleteI love doing this. I rarely use my GPS, often get lost, but I figure it's not like I'm going to fall off the face of the planet or anything. I mean, I'm not Oz.zie Smith in the softball ringers episode. ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to google oz.zie smith. I get stressed the fuck out when I have to go somewhere new, and I have no retention, so it's always somewhere new, but getting lost on purpose? I can handle it. :))
DeleteSimpson's episode. :))
DeleteOh snap, I should have remembered that one.
DeleteI'm reading a poised nonchalance into it.
ReplyDeleteI like it. We all get lost, or even wish we could at times. ~Mary
I related to this. I'm a father of 3 girls - 7, 8, and 16, plus my 10 yr old niece is with us a lot. I often get in the car and treat out trips to the store or whereever as adventures.
ReplyDeleteI loved the fun of this. Great work