So I’m de-fucking-pressed and my kid is sick AHH-GAIN. Story of the last six months of my life right? I know! She better have the immune system of Iron Man after this winter because she has been nonstop fighting off illnesses. I don’t know what the deal is, (licking grocery carts) but it stresses me out. Needless to say I have not had any emotional break throughs or epiphanies of late. So I’m starting a collection of posts called; The Two Songs That…. in an effort to lighten my mood. I am not a connoisseur. I pretty much keep to mainstream radio music, so don’t expect to find anything awesome you haven’t heard before. *shrug* The first installment will be,
The Two Songs I’d Strip to.
A word, or 700, about stripping. I get that mentally stable happy women don’t have careers in stripping. That it stems from generally pretty shitty issues during childhood or beyond. But check it out, until all parents learn to be appropriate role models and not eff up their kids, (IMPOSSIBLE) we’re going to be crazy and self defeating, and do things that make us feel awful and that aren’t healthy. So, I say take as much control as you can. Get paid for it, own it, do what you gotta do. I realize that’s not what is generally happening up there on that stage, but, my friend works in an office and goes home and cries every night. It’s all relative.
Why am I not a stripper you ask? It’s not because I don’t think I have the body for it, my theory is with charisma, confidence and personality, (none of which I have) or even none of the above, it matters very little what kind of body you have. For every body type there is someone out there who finds it attractive. Not to mention, over the past 6 years I’ve had like 17 different bodies and my husband wanted to bone all of them. Yes, there are some people, like the Jolie-Pitts and the Beckhams who are pretty universally lusted after, but there are plenty of other beautiful people who don’t fit in that cookie cutter, and have plenty of people drooling in their wake. No, for me the problem is A, stage fright. I doubt it would be very helpful to be onstage freaking out about everyone looking at me. And B, impossibly high standards. When I strip in my head, (Am I the only one?) there are pointe shoes, over extension of the splits, and back flips involved. Now I did dance, very awkwardly, on pointe for a few years, and I did gain quite a bit of flexibility, but even at my peak, the best tumbling I did was a handstand against the wall. Not very skilled. But that’s how I’d want to dance, and I’d just be frustrated and self conscious when I couldn’t do it.
Let’s move on from the excuses and hear the songs shall we?
The first one is Lil Kim How Many Licks. Talk about owning your sexuality. I love how in your face, unapologetic and raw she is. I can appreciate that a woman could be covered from head to toe and have someone in the palm of her hand with the flick of an eyelash, that’s awesome too. But I love that Lil Kim picks a path and barrels down it at 200 miles per hour. You go girl. It cracks me up how many words are deleted from this version. Like this video could be anything but inappropriate no matter how much content is taken from it. Whatevs, I fill it in in my head anyway, I wonder if the words I pick are worse, or cleaned up. ;)
The second one is Rob Zombie (feel so good) Feel So Numb. Since I first heard this song it’s been a song to strip too in my head. That beat drives it. I also love what I feel is irony, because I know I’m supposed to feel bad that I’m taking off all my clothes, so fuck you, I’ll do it, and point that out, and not give a shit. Make sense? Yeah. I’m sober and everything.
Check it out! It worked, I'm feeling much happier after listening to these songs. Rob Zombie and Lil Kim for the win ya'll!
Stay tuned! Next time I do this it’ll be The (only) Two Christian Songs I’ll Willingly Listen To. I’m sure you’ll be waiting with bated breath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

These songs are both new to me so don't sell yourself short in the bringing new music to the peoples department.
ReplyDeleteAs someone who was, however briefly, a stripper I can admit to being neither mentally stable or having come from a normal, happy childhood. But, for me, the dancing itself turned out to be empowering. I didn't feel objectified, I felt powerful and self-possessed. Of course, I went out after and did a shit ton of drugs, but I was doing that long before and long after.
Maybe if I had been at it longer I would have begun to be degraded by the lifestyle, but my reality at that time felt so innocent. Even with the drugs and dancing.
FUCK. YES. That's exactly what I was talking about. I'm so happy to hear that.
ReplyDeleteI've never entertained stripper fantasies. No fucking way. Ugh. I have ZERO rhythm and hate when people watch me. It really kills the purple hair for me, actually. Blue was the worst for that though.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you've heard my glorious story about a stripper stopping in the middle of her dance to call me out for being a girl and refusing to continue while I sat too close, right? *sigh*
I haven't! Do tell!!
DeleteWell, the fraternity boys decided I needed to come along on their little pledge trip to the BYOB strip club (here there's some law about less nudity allowed if they sell alcohol). My previous hookup, Mike, went so far as to pick me up and put me in the car, and dragged me to the front row with everyone else, except one guy. I pulled my hat brim down, pulled my sweater out, and pretty much stared at my beer as I chugged. Then the (not very attractive) dancer noticed dear, sweet Mikey prodding and poking me to look at something beside my beer. She also noticed I had boobs. She stopped in the middle of her act and screeched, "Oh. My. Gawd!!! That's a GIRL!" And started freaking out and refusing to dance while I sat that close. Dear, sweet Mikey was grabbing my arm while I was trying to flee and trying to convince this chick that I was not leering, I was just there, hanging out with the guys, having fun. I had to move to the back or leave. As I sat in the back, pounding more beer, the guy back there was laughing his ass off and telling me I should take my hat off and start winking at her, and at least have a little fun with it. I was in the middle of screaming, "I'm not pretending I'm a dyke." when the music cut, and the whole place heard only the last three words of that sentence and started staring. I promptly hid in the bathroom, where I ended up pissing all over the back of my jeans in a failed squatting attempt. It was awesome.
DeleteAlso, that strip club story is better than the one where I went to a club with my then boyfriend who lived two hours away so he could "watch a game that wasn't on at the house" and every single girl working there greeted him with familiarity, and he swore it was just because I was there, not because they knew him, and I actually didn't insist upon calling his ass out on that, ever.
DeleteMegan, I want to hear that one, too!! Amelia, the first titty bar I went into and the first stripper I saw was dancing to Korn's remake of Word Up. It was pretty awesome.
ReplyDeleteI learned a chair dance routine to Lady Gaga's "Heavy Metal Lover."
ReplyDeleteI managed to fuck up my right foot when I kicked my dresser practicing in the bedroom. Last time I tried it.
Though, admittedly, I LOVE pole-fit/pole-dance classes, even though I feel completely ridiculous.
It takes serious upper body strength. And I used to love that L'il Kim song.
Woot Woot!
I totally forgot there was classes out there!!!
DeleteInjuring one's self probably does take away from the sexy factor. Damnit.
At least the hubs didn't see... I was practicing alone! lol.
DeleteI can't stop laughing about StephanieC kicking a dresser. That's how it'd go if I did it too.
ReplyDeleteI have too many issues to ever strip. I'm go total borderline personality disorder, want the men to want it, to want me. And then the second they did, I'd pull a knife out of my thong and cut their throats.
Oh my god, that was dark. Even for me.
Hahaha!! Bitch! How dare you watch me take off my clothes for money?!!!
Delete