Saturday, March 3, 2012

The phone rang at 4 am....

It’s a text;

“Just drink like there’s a gun to your head every time you’re in public you’ll be okker in no time!”

I poke J; “M says I’d totally pass for Australian.”



This is my response to the newest prompt from the Trifextra, the weekend version of the fantastic blog Trifecta. Go visit, join in. :)

7 comments:

  1. I knew a Marine who was stationed there, and he told me stories about going out to work a 12+ hour shift and coming back to see the same guys at the bar, every day. :))

    I think I'd like Australia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. Or I could make sense before I hit publish.

      Anyway, the Australians were at the bar the whole 12 hours. Yeah. I need sleep. Or vodka.

      Delete
    2. I got that, don't know what you're talking about. ;))

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up to Trifextra. Remember, this weekend’s entries are being judged by the Trifecta community, so make sure you visit the site at the close of the challenge to vote. Our linking service will not allow you to vote for a link from the same computer where it was submitted, so plan ahead! Voting closes 12 hours after the close of the challenge. Winners will be announced with the Monday post. Hope to see you back then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The characters in this story sound fun - I'd like to read more about them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of it being a text. Never thought of that. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun. I too love the text idea ... also the Auzzie connection. For some reason the only person we came into contact with who was drinking non-stop was a French man who does that no matter where in the world he is.

    My cousin, who's on the lamb from the law downunder (and wears snakeskin, fur lined cowboy boots to freak the locals out) prefers pot.

    Nice entry.

    ReplyDelete