Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dude, your ass is tanner then my face.

Sunday, August 27, 2006 Dude, your ass is tanner then my face... Current mood: quixotic The kids call it 'spacing out'. I call it 'involuntary contemplation'. Either way, I am constantly daydreaming. I think this is one of the reasons I can't quit smoking. I go outside, leaving the chaos and loud noises behind, and daydream until my cigerette is finished. If I didn't smoke, there's no guarentee I'd ever come back in, I'd be lost in my own world until the other staff came looking for me, completely pissed off that I ditched them. This is also one of the reasons I love sunbathing so much. I lay, warm and cozy, (a rarity for me) basking in the sun, and daydream the entire time. So if I get cancer, either varity, I will have to blame it on my need to indulge in reverie. Perhaps I should look into other avenues to focus my creative energies. The problem is, I don't think it would help, I think it might just make things worse. More things for me to lose myself in. I don't do it because I'm unhappy, and I want to escape, if anything, the amount of time I spend on it increases with my happiness, which is currently at an all time high. Soon, I will just spend the entire day at it. I'm re-reading the Stephanie Plum novels, by Janet Evanivich, as my love Melissa will soon be sending me the new ones. I'm pretty sure number 6 is my favorite, and I feel you all need to know why I've been laughing out loud while reading. (The moms at Nellie and Payton's gymnastics class were looking at me very strangely. I can't help it though.) So, here are some of my favorites; And my friend Marilyn Truro at the DMV was on her third double decaf latte, wondering if it would help if she added a second nicotine patch to the one she already had on her arm, thinking it would feel really good to be able to choke the next person in line. I wasn't sure Mooner counted as a man. Mooner was sort of like Peter Pan on pot. Mooner spent a lot of time in never-never land. Lula was yelling. "Hit him where it hurts!" So I did,. A person reaches a point where she just doesn't want to roll around anymore. I hauled back and gave Munson a knee in the gonads. "Ulk," Munson said, and assumed the fetal postion. Lula and I pried his hands away from Mr. Sad Sack and cuffed him behind his back. "Wish I had a movie of you wrestlin' with this guy," Lula said. "It reminded me of that joke about the midget at the nudist colony who kept sticking his nose in everyone's business." Morrelli closed the door, pinned me against the wall, and kissed me. When he was done I looked myself over to make sure I was still dressed. "Wow," I said. His lips brushed against my ear. "If you don't get those old people out of your apartment, I'm going to self-combust." I knew just how he felt. I'd self-combusted in the shower that morning, but it didn't help much. That had been the orginal plan, but he'd taken my toys away. And now the air was feeling hot and thick in my lungs and I was thinking it wasn't any of my beeswax if Carol took a flying leap off the bridge. I put my hands flat to his abdomen, and he watched me carefully. I suspect he was waiting for me to answer his question, but I had a more pressing problem. I didn't know what to feel first. Shoud I move my hands up? Or should I move my hands down? I wanted to go down, but that might seem too forward. I didn't want him to think I was easy. "Steph?" "Huh?" I still had my hands on his stomach, and I could feel him laughing. "I can smell something burning, babe. You must be thinking." It wasn't my brain on fire. I felt around a little with my fingertips. "I'd probably need a couple more beers to think it would work." Lula looked over at the empty beer bottles sitting on her counter. "I got a head start on you. So I'm real optimistic about this plan." "I had a night of sin," Grandma said. "Boy that Myron is some kisser. I think he might even have got an erection, except it was hard to tell what with the way he hikes his pants up." My mother made the sign of the cross, and I looked in my purse for some Rolaids. I looked down at the Glock. It was a semi automatic, and I owned a revolver. I had no idea how to shoot a semiautomatic. I knew I was supposed to slide something back. I pushed a button, and the clip fell out onto the carpet. Ramos burst out laughing. I threw the Glock at him, hitting him in the forehead, and he fired at me. From Grandma's Boy; (I love this movie.) "Or I could pour gasoline down the front of my pants and light my balls on fire." I picked my mood b/c I'd never heard of that word before and I wanted to see if I could avoid looking it up by just looking at the picture. :) Lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy, lazy Jane.......

No comments:

Post a Comment