Tuesday, January 26, 2010
You're completely useless in the revolution.
Sunday, July 05, 2009
You're completely useless in the revolution.
Current mood: impatient
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers
Job
adjective a piece of work, esp. a specific task done as part of the routine of one's occupation or for an agreed price
Career
–noun an occupation or profession, esp. one requiring special training, followed as one's lifework
*sigh*
I need help. In more ways then one obviously. (See my fantastic copy and paste job above.) But right now, I need to figure out what the hell to do with my life, in the matter of making money. I have no schooling other then high school, and I suppose I’ll go to college if needed for a Career, as opposed to a job. I need to find something I don’t hate, (liking it would be a very nice plus) that pays me more then minimum wage.
Options:
Pre school teacher/daycare.
Pros:
Minimal schooling
Love kids at that age
Smaller groups generally
Cons:
Doesn’t pay very well
If parents don’t have jobs, (as most don’t right now) less need for optional schooling
Generally not many hours
Elementary school teacher
Pros:
I like kids better then adults generally, so it would be helpful if the majority of my day was spent with them as opposed to the latter
Vacations/days off same as my kids
Better pay then I’ve made thus far in life
Cons:
Longer schooling time
I have to be in charge of a large group of children as opposed to the smaller groups I’m used to
I remember homework time at the group home….HELL. That all day?!! *shudders*
The school in my area is very small, so commuting might have to happen (let’s not forget car issues and LAZINESS)
Parents
The pay isn’t fantastic
(Note to self, write an entire blog about how people will pay billions of dollars to trick out their car, but when it comes to shaping the minds of children, the pay is always crap.)
Librarian
Pros:
I’d fucking LOVE this job. I love books, I’d love to help people find them, read them, take them home, bring them back!! Plus it would fulfill my need for books to be organized just so, as that is part of the job!
Cons:
I have minimal info on schooling required and pay, it’s probably crap
I live in ....Calaveras.. ..County..... I’m not sure people know how to read here, I’m guessing not much demand for librarians in my area. In fact, the one in the town I live in is run by volunteers. Not good for a career choice.
Social Worker
Pros:
*sobs* I just can’t bring myself to do this one. I know that if the system is broken I’m not allowed to complain unless I try to fix it, but I would really lose my heart and soul in this job. It would absorb me, and I need to save parts of me for home.
Stripper
Pros:
I’d have the market on pregnancy fetishes for a bit longer
Pays better then most
I love dancing
Great way to keep in shape
Zero schooling, just a lack of self esteem, or an abundance I suppose, required
Cons:
Super exhausted and out of shape
Would have to commute
Requires extreme lack or abundance of self esteem, I’m in the middlish right now
Pastry Chef
Pros:
I LOVE making dessert
It’s active, physically and mentally
Cons:
People can’t afford groceries right now, let alone dessert
Unknown pay
I would weigh 500 pounds
Would probably have to commute
Book Editor
Pros:
*angels singing*
Would get to read all day
Put out books that are meaningful and important
Cons:
Am delusional, and probably that’s no where near what a book editor actually does
Would have to start at the bottom and work my way up, a problem as I lack the ‘ambition’ gene
Would probably have to read crap books on car maintenance or something
Please see librarian issue, I’m pretty sure there’s no big publishing houses within the confines of my daily allotted driving distance.
Nurse
Pros:
Helping people
Decent pay
Generally jobs can be found in area
Active
Cons:
People suck. ESPECIALLY when they’re sick or hurt. I remember what I bitch I was when I was hurt
Blood, guts, VOMIT, shit
Over worked, mentally and physically EXHAUSTING
People die. It makes me sad.
So, I think that’s all I’ve come up with thus far. Not a whole lot, and nothing reaches out and grabs me, causing me to spend large amounts of time and money into developing the necessary skills to attain a career in that field. Which is where you come in. What should I do for a living? Give me some ideas, I’m begging you! Tell me your career, how you chose it, what you like about it, what you’d do differently. Tell me your DREAM career.
Help!
From a friend;
Omg…. Just had the hottest Dr give me my exam!! Awkward!! And I have to go back to see him in 2 weeks!! Thank god I got my brazilian yesterday!!
From texts from last night, my new obsession;
(608): You should just wear a sign that says "I like cheap Chinese food and anal"
(1-608): I like taco bell too
(815): i was unaware that anal sex sometimes ends with shit on the bed
(why is anal so funny?)
(908): I just queefed in yoga class and now the old man next to me is smiling at me. (505): Latest life lesson : don't accidentally send an "I nutted on her tramp stamp" text to your tattoo-less girlfriend. Oops.
(908): i feel so shallow. people in ....iran.... are using twitter to write hardcore nathan hale shit about dying for freedom. my last tweet was "i hate the taco shits"
(858): in retrospect, sexting while high was a mistake - I meant to say "I'll fuck you stupid, baby" but of course I said "I'll fuck your stupid baby"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment