Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Hey baby come close to me...let me...love...you.
Tuesday, April 08, 2008
Hey baby come close to me...let me...love...you.
Current mood: lazy
Hey baby come close to me...let me....feel....you. Look at each other. Look at each other....
Yahoo!! Josh is narrating!! This is something I do often, state the obvious in the third person. When in conversation, for example, if J agrees to do something he really doesn’t want to do, I will say; "He said begrudgingly." To make a point that yes I do notice your bad attitude and am now calling attention to it. Or I will refer to something I’ve said, just to make sure everyone understands what I’m insinuating. So the other day I’m watching him run equipment and I remember a video I saw that reminded me of us. It’s ballet and heavy machinary put together! I yell out to him, "remind me to show you the video that’s machines and ballet put together ok?" He says sure and I go back to my book. About 30 seconds later it registers that he’d mumbled something after the sure. I yell "hey, what did you say?" He says "Sure." "No after that" "Uhhhh. ’he said condescendingly’" He’s narrating!!! This makes me very happy.
I have learned much in my occupation at the lamest job ever. In customer service one should not say "how is your day going?" to the crazy people that enter the store. Even if they look mildly competant, like you’d never expect a 20 minute lecture about the government controling the weather through clouds and jets and some other shit I completetly zoned out. One must stick with a simple "hello, what can I do for you?" no personal questions to give the illusion I give a rat’s ass about you. Wow, pretty much that’s it. Nevermind about the alot thing. I can tape a box like no one else now though. You can go here to see what he was talking, endlessly, about. http://www.rense.com/general18/mn.htm
So. Big month. I’m turning 29. Woo hoo. At my age, my mom had 2 kids and was divorced. Not so much for me. But, seeing as I’m engaged, (!!) I do have to admit my vehement denials that I would NEVER get married, and NEVER have children may have been a bit uninformed, and were based on who I was, not who I could be. The children part. I will attempt it, although I’m not unconvinced that I may be sterile, which will cause much anger on my part as I have spent innumerable amounts of time, effort and money on preventing pregnancy over the years. I will be livid to find out I could have just said, ah fuck it, get an AIDS test and we’re golden. We shall see.
I recently watched Suburban Girl, a movie based on one of my favorite books ever, A Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing. I do NOT recommend this movie. Getting past the part where Sarah Michelle Geuller and an overweight Alec Baldwin make out. *gag* Oh christ, I can’t get past that part, I just puked a little. It’s based on one of the more boring parts of the book, and should not be taken out of context as you really get to know and identify with the characters through the parts they didn’t use. Bummed me out. But I will leave you w/ some quotes from the book. A movie I did like, but scared the shit out of me, was I Am Legend. Based on my utter ’world revolves around me’ psychosis, I have now decided that b/c I am happy and have the potential to be competely content in life once I don’t have a shit job, and I’m considering procreation, the world is going to end and I’m going to become a people eater and feed on my young. Or they or I will die somehow. Do you know how fucked up kids get if their mom dies young? Yeah, therapy required for years. I realize now that it was much easier to live in my sheltered world of this doesn’t matter b/c I’m on own in life. Putting yourself out there and hoping for fanstatic things, is scary as shit! But. It’s worth it. I hope.
From Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing:
In the shower I say, "I was just noticing how we don’t have sex anymore." Jamie looks at me like I’m fully clothed.
"I don’t want to keep you," Archie said, and his voice was mean. I said,"I was just trying to think of Mr. Putterman." He said, "I’d like to be Mr. Putterman once in a while." I said, "You’ll have to stop being Mr. Motherfucker first.
He nodded at the mussels and said in a low voice,"Vaginas of the sea." I looked over at them and saw what he meant. "I’m sure it’s fine." my mother said in a breezy voice. She passed a bowl of little vaginas to me.
The way she spoke reminded me more of humming than thinking.
"I could bring you up on charges for that." "What?" "Work harrassment in the sexual place."
Margerat Cho:
I went through this phase- am I gay? Am I straight? Then I realized...I’m just slutty. Where’s my parade?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment